Class of 2019 Decisions

DId all the RD applicants receive their decisions already?

@emilymcg My daughter and a few others in her high school who got deferred from SOM in Mid January (they applied Early Action) have not heard back. Status still says “Decision Made” and “Deferred to Regular Decision”. We likely will not hear back until late March.

@lavalamp97‌ I applied early action and hear back from them about a month or two after applying :slight_smile:

@youngm0rphine‌ How long after your acceptance did you find out about the Scholars program?

I got my acceptance to Harpur back on January 30th.
Intended Major: Physics
SAT: 1890 (640W 600M 650CR)
GPA: 93.5 (weighted, school doesn’t do unweighted, nor do they rank)
Courseload: 7APs, 3 senior year (one 3, 4s on the rest)
Recs/Essays: Essay pretty good, I’d like to assume same for recs
Extracurriculars:
-Science Olympiad
-Varsity Bowling
-Varsity Handball
-Relay for Life planning committee member
-summer job as swim instructor
-a couple of astronomy classes outside of school
Hooks: URM female pursuing physics

@youngm0rphine‌ Congrats! Do you think they offer all the spots to EA applicants first, and then whatever is left over is offered to RD applicants?

@zestycucumber‌ Congratulations!

my daughter was accepted last week early decision, she did get 2 emails before she got her congratulations package in the mail

I applied early action tp harpur and was deferred. My application status still says “deffered to regular” will this ever change? And since i was deferred do i hear back later that regular applicants? My friend applied regular and was accepted a few weeks ago we have very similar stats other than her sat/act being slightly higher…so i wasn’t sure if this meant that I’ve been rejected? Binghamton is my first choice and I’ve been in panic mode since my friends acceptance. Any help would be great please!

@kjp1616‌ I’m in the same boat! Binghamton is my number 1 and I was deferred from Harpur too. I emailed admissions and they said that if we had been deferred it is a GOOD sign and that it just meant they wanted to take a closer look at our applications. I know how you feel I’ve been freaking out for months but we should be hearing back by April 1, so I wouldn’t worry too much!

My status changed to “Decision Made” today. Haven’t gotten an email yet but I can pay the admission deposit. How long does it usually take to get an email after the status changes?

@rbk2704‌ I got an email at 3pm PST

If being deferred is a good sign then I don’t know why we’re hearing later than regular decision people… We’re definitely in the back of the pile now. Most of the deferred students have not heard back yet.

I honestly feel like I would have gotten my decision sooner if I had applied RD. All my friends who applied RD have already gotten their decisions meanwhile I’m just waiting probably until April 1st to find out anything

Just got the email! Accepted to Watson (Computer Engineering). Applied early January (RD).

SAT: 1890
ACT: n/a
Ranking: 7/250
GPA:UW 3.78
Letters of Ref: 2 very good ones
AP: n/a (international student in not international school but took pre-calc classes)
peer math and english tutor during 4 years,varsity basketball (northeastern champions in 2011), national math olympics 2011 and 2014 and volunteer work w projects promoted by my school
Hook: got a 115/120 on the TOEFL (which is required in my case), have been taking around 13 different classes per year since 8th grade bc of my school’s academic system, us dual citizen (not rly sure if that’s even a hook) and my personal essay features a pretty dramatic story

Any deferred people that have heard back… did you hear via email, status checker, or mail?

Nope…seems like only a very few deferred kids have heard anything yet

nothing yet here…ridiculous.

I wonder if they are going by school. It seems like a lot of people have been getting into Watson

Nursing deferred. Still nothing