Class of 2019 Decisions

1680 SATS 26 ACT really on low side compared to others on this wall. but NHS, volunteer coordinator for school, recording secretary at local parish, three sport athlete, champ irish dancer. Well rounded and strong letters of recommendation.

friend was deferred then denied at school of mgmt yesterday. was offered admit to harpur. guess they think if you’ree committed to an accounting career with big 4 you might just chuck it all and major in africana, judaism, or women’s studies.

right?^ I was kind of confused about being offered to Harpur. It’s super hard to transfer into SOM sophmore year too. Not going to risk it.

@jimtoes @beczhou were you notified by email or snail mail? My son’s status changed from deferred to regular decision to decision made, with nothing more. I’m taking that as a rejection, unless someone tells me otherwise.

@scaffold33 Same here. I’ve basically come to terms with the fact that I was rejected at this point. Applied to Harpur intrest in Bio EA. Sat score in their mid/lower range with amazing EC involving science research. Decision changed to “decision made”. I can’t pay the quickpay and no word of any decision. I’m honestly surprised but I am not too upset due to the fact that I have been accepted to schools with better bio programs. :slight_smile: Good luck to everyone.

applied early action in january and was deferred. status checker changed to decision made but i am not eligible to pay deposit… i think i was rejected

he said it was email yesterday. read the first couple lines and deleted it. he’s very smart with very high statistics, way over 1400 sat. got in some good schools that are a little pricier.

SAME I HOPE IM NOT REJECTED
binghamton is my SAFETY!!!

@anonye what are your stats?!

@anonye, have you been accepted anywhere else? If not, can you shoot off an email to your college admissions counselor for some suggestions? There may be schools that are accepting late applications. Just in case. [Sorry. Scaffold is an only, so I sometimes try to mother the world.] Pulling for you here.

Does anyone still have “deffered to reg” as their status? Or are all decisions made…

think buffalo and albany will take apps until school starts. no aid though

my status just changed to “decision made”, i was deferred in january. I live chatted with a student ambassador and they couldn’t tell me much but they said that statuses are usually updated when our letters are sent out!

My status just changed to decision made- accepted congratulations! And underneath says to harpur-undeclared! I originally applied for SOM.

@beczhou did yours say accepted immediately?? Or had it just said “decision made” before? And congratulations!

Immediately and I could also pay deposit immediately too. Thanks!

My son’s status has also changed to “decision made”. I had checked it about 4 hours ago and at that time it still read “decision made–deferred to regular decision”. My husband is holding out hope that DS will be accepted and that he will consider attending. Good luck to all still waiting to hear :slight_smile:

Is it me or doesn’t anyone else think that it is unfair to grant a spot in Harpur if the student applied to SOM?
I don’t recall ever hearing that Binghamton did that before. Last I recall, either you got a spot in the college that you applied to or you didn’t. Who knows how many other students would have applied to SOM if they knew that they might get offered Harpur if rejected by SOM – and what adverse effect has this had on the students that applied to Harpur and didn’t get accepted?

I’ve had similar thoughts. Seems like they left a lot of spots for rejected SOM students.

Don’t count on Albany having any spots left. We just visited last week and were told that students that didn’t apply and now are not getting accepted to other schools are pulling out the stops with contacts (told one used a Congressman) and that they don’t have a chance for a spot this late.