Class of 2019 Decisions

<p>Not sure about SAT, but Bing does not superscore the ACT so if those are the scores you sent, that’s probably why they’d have only one test date listed</p>

<p>I got an acceptance letter into Bing’s SOM last Friday on December 12th. I applied in October and had my transcripts sent on November 18th which was after the deadline, but I still got accepted. And my stats were average, not high. So I honestly think this procedure was random.</p>

<p>Did any of you get an email from bing? They’ve sent some to a few of my friends welcoming them to class of 2019…
I really don’t like how they are doing it in batches. Why not review everything and notify us all at once?</p>

<p>@beczhou‌ yeah I got a congratulatory email yesterday evening</p>

<p>I would love to know how every other college my daughter applied to EA managed to get ALL of their EA acceptances out at once and why Binghamton seemingly finds this impossible. Either the university admissions is understaffed, unorganized or incapable or there is some other reason (perhaps doing with admission stats) for the way EA applications were handled this year. While my daughter still ranks Binghamton as her top choice, I am growing a little weary about their administration and wonder what kind of administration nightmares my daughter may encounter should she be accepted and decide to attend.</p>

<p>There is an interesting article on NYULocal titled “December 12, 2014
BREAKING DOWN THE COLLEGE CONFIDENTIAL MYTHS” and it appears that the odd changes on their portals and the rolling nature of acceptance is true for NYU. Take a look. What do you think?Same IT company? hah hah-not really but still odd.</p>

<p>nymom64,
I sympathize with your sentiments. It is hard being Bing admissions officer.
BXScience has 3/4 of the kids apply to Bing. roughly 430 kids. Of that number 300 get accepted but only 30 enroll.
It must be a nightmare for Bing but it is a financial safety for all these kids.
Bing by virtue of being the top ranked SUNY is in the most difficult situation and it must be hard to try and figure out who to accept.</p>

<p>yeah in my school 500 kids apply, 400 gets accepted but only 50 attend :confused: </p>

<p>Beczhou, 80% of the students who apply from your school get in? Wow…must be a strong school. Where do they end up going?</p>

<p>Many of them end up in ivies and other top schools but the thing is, they also apply to a bunch of other schools as safeties. I’m legitimately scared because of the competition especially when I’m just an average student :’( </p>

<p>beczhou,
Let me guess, Stuy?
Bing gets a lot of kids that could be at many other schools and be star students. I know BXS and Stuy kids at Bing and Stoney and they can’t believe how easy it is at the beginning.</p>

<p>Letting schools know about your level of interest is important so they know you are not using the school as one of 10 safeties. Anotherparent22, that can be a problem in a school with students at too wide a range of ability levels, especially for strong students attending a school with a sizable proportion of students who should be taking remedial classes or who took low level classes at a cc prior to attending the school.The wide range of abilities can be tough for the school to address.</p>

Happy New Year everybody! Fingers crossed that we’ll hear from Binghamton soon!

has anyone still waiting had a change in app status?

I haven’t. It seemed like the past rounds of status updates happened online on Thursdays (with people getting letters on Fridays/weekends). Not that I was checking obsessively or anything. Hopefully there will be a big batch of yeses this week.

Letters seem to be being received on weekends and they said everyone would hear back by the 15th, so hopefullly this weekend all those still waiting will hear back :slight_smile: Best of luck everyone!

Son just looked and status says “Decision Made”. Googled this - Binghamton University/QuikPAY® Login- followed the link and found he was able to pay deposit for September 2015! I guess he is in! He is so Happy!

Check your email if you are still waiting. Just got the
official word!

If my application status changed to decision made, and I am unable to pay my deposit is there still a chance I was accepted or should I assume I was denied? Thanks for all previous info in this discussion btw!

@steelios97‌ I would assume that you’ve been deferred.