Class of 2019 Waitlist

@jughaid worked at Geico IT for summer. He is not taking CS classes yet, fulfilling other obligations, didn’t pass math placement test that you need to start CS classes either. Having to take a math class. Must receive a C or better. So, really all I can give you is that he really likes Mason. Cons: A lot of local kids are there and they go home on weekends. No football, Pros; Fantastic teachers so far, great staff- can tell they all really want students to succeed. New remodeled freshman dorms.

@domlax12 - We are in the same boat. Waitlisted at VT, waiting for a decision from NC State (deferred in early action) and have the fabulous offer from Alabama too. I’m with you! Roll Tide! :slight_smile: We will visit in April.

Seems kind of amazing they can get such great money from one place, but waitlisted here…

@domlax12 I talked to someone a few days ago and they said engineering is completely filled so Id probably say he has been put under university studies on the waiting list

just crazy. How can it be possible that my Thomas Jefferson student with an almost perfect ACT score and a 3.8 gets wait-listed from Virginia Tech GENERAL Studies.

@sumac15- Alabama is looking mighty fine. We will be there next week. I will try to remember to post afterwards.Have you looked up the new Engineering buildings on campus? State of the Art.,.,.beautiful,.

@domlax12. Thanks for the info on Mason. I agree on the waitlist…my son is at the governor school for.math and science. To be waitlisted for US is tough.

@domlax12 - UA is looking good! Have you heard back from the admissions office yet? I’d be interested to hear what they had to say.

Admissions called and said it fell to the GPA. His last semester in particular. I just remembered that he had a wrong grade entered on his transcript!!! A B was listed as a C-. Sounds to me like they are being very thorough, We can oppose the decision and re-apply but not sure if we care to.

Hey you guys. I was accepted to VT Engineering but I rejected this offer, so I hope one of you ends up taking my spot. Good luck!

congrats collegeplease! Where are you ending up?

has anyone heard anything about when we might be notified about the waitlist?

After May 1st given that is when RD acceptances are due back and it is impossible for them to know if they need to pull from wail-list until then. (unless they can see a shortfall earlier but I doubt this would be the norm) Last year I do not remember an email announcing a specific date. They simply updated the application status and sent a wait-list offers via email. It allowed 2 weeks to respond. My son received his offer Mid-May and needed to reply by May 30th. Last year was the first year in many that VT pulled a significant # of students from the wait-list. Hope this trend continues for you this year. Best of Luck.

I just got off the waitlist! I heard from JMU today and I’m excited to attend in the fall. :slight_smile:

@kelssm4 you got off the VT waitlist? wait are you going to JMU or VT?

Did anyone else hear back?

so i just logged in and the place where it normally said waitlist candidate disappeared…happen to anyone else?

Yep same with me, hopefully this is good news!

same happened with me!

Hopefully!! But good luck to everyone!!

Hey guys! I just checked mine and the box was gone too (which is different from when I checked yesterday afternoon). Do you think this means they’re reviewing our applications now?