Class of 2020- Admission Status

Applied 8/17
Got UIN late because servers or something were down so I had to email admissions and I got it a week after I submitted my application.
Haven’t received my decision yet. (SO NERVOUS GAHHH)
Review applicant
Biomedical Engineering
Have not thought about honors yet. Probably not.
Stats- top 25% ; ACT: 29 (took it again today 10/24) ; 4.09 weighted GPA.

Do you guys think I can get in?

1. If I get my 30 or higher on the ACT I took today, do you think I can get into the engineering school?
  2. Anyone know when the earliest/the first round of review acceptances will be sent out?

abcd55985dhd, I don’t know how I happened to come across this thread (i still have it bookmarked from last year I guess) but your stats are exactly how mine were, top 25% and a 29 ACT to Engineering (all engineering majors are considered the same for admissions). I am class of 2019 and did not get full admission. I was offered Engineering Academy at Blinn (engineering version of blinn team). It’s a good program, a little bit better than regular blinn team, but definitely not for everyone. I had a great resume and killer essays but the sad fact is TAMU relies heavily on class rank and test scores for admission, especially for holistic applicants. If you can get above a 29 on your ACT you’ll have automatic acceptance into engineering. That’s your best bet.

Also for anyone wondering, TAMU won’t send out review admit acceptances out until around the last week in December (and only those who have a 30 or better on ACT but aren’t in the top 25% will be admitted), and after that they come in waves from Jan-Feb. I had a 29 ACT, top 25%, and wasn’t admitted until late January to blinn team.

Not necessarily true. I was review admit. 30 ACT, 33% class rank. Amazing resume/essay/extra curricular, go admitted to engineering early November. Class of 2019

New poster, hi everyone!

When did you apply? - 8/10
When did you get your UIN? - 8/13
When did you receive your admission decision? - Not Yet :frowning:
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review? - Review
Major/College of Choice? - Civil Engineering
Honors program? - Probably not.
Stats… Top 29%, 1330 CR&M SAT, 27 ACT.
Great essays and LOR’s. I was a captain in marching band for three years, have a second leadership position this year, have been in NHS three years, helped start my school’s social studies UIL team three years ago and am co-captain this year, girl scout troop president with silver award, Solar car club (including driving and taking 5th place in this year’s solar car challenge), and girl’s engineering club. I also have more than 100 hours of community service and a job.

Does anyone have any clue about my odds? I was accepted to TAMUG, so my howdy portal already showed 4 tabs. Am I close enough to academic admit be admitted before January?

Applied - October 26
UIN - October 28
Review Applicant
SAT/ACT - Got a 26 on the Sept. ACT but just retook them and feeling very confident.

Over 150 volunteer hours including tutoring, boys’ and girls’ club, soldier’s angels, women’s shelter, etc.
International Baccalaureate student (full diploma)
I attend an all girls private school in Canada and they don’t rank or do GPA, but I am a Texas resident.
Summer of 2014 I had a seasonal job at the US embassy and I also developed my own profitable business as the producer and editor of the US Embassy newsletter.

You all sound like very resourceful individuals and I just want to get an insight into my chances of being admitted. Thanks so much!

Intl student … ACT 28 … Top 25%… Review Admit…
ADMITTED TODAY …!!!

Congratulations!!! When did you apply?.. Still waiting to hear about my D:/

Actually its my son … :smiley:

Applied long ago… just when the app opened… 1st week of Aug

That gives me hope we “might” hear soon… She applied August 3 she is top18% has a 26 on act and a 1200(cr&m) on sat. It’s so hard to wait:)… She’s already been accepted to several other schools and offered scholarships but TAMU has been her dream since she could talk… She may have possibly been brain washed lol.

I hope EVERYONE gets in…good luck to all

@osmdad What major did your son apply to? And congratulations to both of you!

Engineering - Computer Science

Anyone has information on scholarship options for international freshmen?

For review admits who have already heard (positive) news, when did you apply?

Aug first week

has anybody received notification of scholarship awards yet?

Update: Admitted 10/27 into the College of Science as a Physics major. Received National Hispanic Scholar scholarship letter on 10/28.

When did you apply? 10/24
When did you get your UIN? 10/27
When did you receive your admission decision? haven’t yet
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review? Automatic Admit
Major/College of Choice? Did you get in? Mays Business
Honors program? Maybe, I haven’t filled out the application yet.
Stats-
SAT: 1660
Top 9%
47-575
4.3 W GPA

First Time Poster
Parent of Child Who Applied from Out of State (Eastern Time Zone)
Appreciate all those who have posted.
The info shared really helped me get through these anxious couple of weeks.

Applied: 10/13
Got UIN: 10/16
Transcripts, ACT Scores, etc. were sent prior to 10/13
Green Check Mark on All Items Except Class Rank (because school does not rank): 10/21
Assigned Class Ranking Appeared in AIS: 10/29 and Status Changed to: App Complete and in Review
Assigned Class Ranking: 1st Quarter
Academic Admit
In AIS, Major changed to General Engineering (Petroleum): 11/2 Morning by 7 a.m.
In Howdy Connect, 4 tabs: 11/3 Morning by 7 a.m.
In AIS: Status Changed to “You’ve been Admitted!”: 11/3 around 5:30 p.m., Letter in My Communications, My Letters