Class of 2020- Admission Status

When did you apply? 10/12
When did you get your UIN? 10/15
When did you receive your admission decision? haven’t yet
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review? Automatic Admit
Major/College of Choice? Did you get in? Mechanical Engineering
Honors program? Maybe, I haven’t filled out the application yet.
Stats-
SAT: 2110
Top 13%
86-690
First transcript sent in August but only realized it was incomplete in mid October once it was processed. They were ordered at the end of last year and the clerk didn’t tell him it would not include the last semester of Jr year. He thought he was being proactive so he would have them Aug 1, Band 2X days got in the way so just got it done in Oct. New transcripts ordered and sent as soon as error was noted. Status shows new transcripts received but not processed.

As of 7:00am CST, the application is complete and in review. Now the wait for admittance into the engineering school. Composite SAT score is 1430.

When did you apply? October 2nd
When did you get your UIN? October 6th
When did you receive your admission decision? Haven’t yet
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review? Holistic Review
Major/College of Choice? Did you get in? Forensic and Investigative Sciences
Honors program? Probably not
Stats-
SAT: 1720
ACT: 28, but I took the October 24th test and I’m hoping to qualify for academic admission.
Top 11% (Missed top 10% by 8 people)
69/610

When did you apply? 10/14 (mistyped from above)
When did you get your UIN? 10/16
When did you receive your admission decision? November 6
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review?Academic Admit (typed wrong thing above)
Major/College of Choice? Did you get in? General Engineering/Mechanical
Honors program? Maybe, I haven’t filled out the application yet.
Stats-
SAT: 2110 (1430 Composite)
Top 13%
86-690
Admitted in
First transcript sent in August but only realized it was incomplete in mid October once it was processed. Resent new transcript around the 24th of October.

Do you know when review admits will begin to hear back? I’ve been waiting since August ugh

I’m with you on that one!
Apparently last year a few review admits heard back early November, but most hear after December 1st.

When did you receive your admission decision? 10/6
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review? Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice? Did you get in? Liberal Arts
Honors program? Applying
Stats…
SAT: 2170
GPA: 3.9 UW

When did you receive your admission decision? 11/13/15
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review? Auto and Academic
Major/College of Choice? Did you get in? Engineering
Honors program? maybe idk
Stats…
SAT: 1740 didnt send
ACT: 30, 30 (31 math)
GPA: 103.7 i would assume UW is 4.0

Applied: November 9
Received UIN: November 10
Accepted: November 13
Academic Admit
Mays Business School: Business Administration
Honors: Will probably apply
Stats: Top 20% 2190 SAT 33 ACT GPA: 3.57 UW GPA: 5.42 W

Just checked tonight. They didn’t send me an email or anything or I might not have gotten it yet. They send official letters in the mail right?

Under documents (or something like that) you should have a letter. In the next week or two you’ll get a packet in the mail with the banner, etc. You should get your housing done as soon as possible. You have until mid December to keep your priority.

Applied: Oct. 5
Accepted: Nov. 13

Compared to marie122 I’m supposed that it took so long (6 weeks), but maybe it’s because my son is OOS and our school does not rank – so we had to have our HS counselor call to tell Admissions that. Still – 6 weeks vs. 4 days?!!

*surprised

@CalBearsMom I was really surprised also since I’ve heard people get in in a week or two but 3-4 days is very rare. I guess it takes longer to process OOS and non-auto/non-academic admit applications. I heard that if you’re an auto admit or academic admit, your application bypasses the primary review process since they have to accept you.

@gettingschooled I’m still in the process of applying to other colleges and based on their decisions, I will decide where to go. TAMU is one of my top choices though. Just a question, are you guaranteed housing if you’re a freshman?

@cjewrae I think its top 7 or 8% now.

Also when do we start applying for Honors programs? Is there a separate application? I think one of the schools I applied to asked me if I wanted to use my college app as my Honors app (don’t know if it was TAMU though). Is there a separate application? When do you get notified of their decision?

If I apply for housing, but say I don’t end up wanting to go to TAMU and decline the offer, is that okay? Do people do that?

I’ve been skimming through this thread and I just saw someone comment that you can only be accepted to General Business but on my acceptance letter, it says my major is Business Administration (which I applied for).

Admitted for Spring 2016 for General Engineering (Aerospace preference)
SAT: 1790 (640 M, 600 CR, 550 W)
GPA: 3.9 UW, 4.2 W
Rank: Top 25% (School doesn’t rank so A&M assigned a rank)
Review Admit
Various ECs and volunteering experience
International Student

@marie122 Business Administration is General Business. You’ll declare a more specific business major after completing some basics. Google “Mays Business Handbook.” Freshman are not guaranteed housing. If you do not apply within 30 days of being accepted you go to the back of the line. The housing deposit is partially refundable if you do not go to A&M. Go to the reslife website for details. When you did apply Texas there was a box to check for honors. Business honors uses your regular application and you also submit a letter of recommendation. University honors is a separate application. Google Texas A&M honors and you’ll find a website that describes the differences. Business honors notifies in February. Not sure about university honors.