Class of 2020- Admission Status

@humzee97 When did you apply? My daughter is a review candidate with similar credentials but hasn’t heard anything yet. She applied to Biomedical Science. Any info would be appreciated. GPA is 3.97 UW 4.27 W, class rank is > 2%, and CR=550, M=700. Thanks! I’m hoping the class rank will count for a lot since she is 3/234. I think she applied around 9/15.

@CollegeMama987 I finished my application and my documents were filed by 07/29. I wonder if you misunderstood me, since I applied for admission in Spring 2016, whereas your daughter probably applied for Fall 2016, given that the deadline to apply for Spring Admission was August 1st; and she applied after that date.

With those stats she is an academic admit, should get in without any issues really

@humzee97 Yes…I thought you were applying to Fall 2016 but that is still good to hear. She isn’t an auto-admit because we are out of state (she doesn’t qualify for top 10% then) and her CR score is too low. Thanks you so much for your information and best of luck to you in your future!

Have any other review candidates received decisions yet?

Howdy! Just thought I’d throw in my two cents. I applied 11/15, and heard back on 11/16 (about 8 hours later). I believe I qualified for auto admit even though I am OOS (Oregon). Top 3% in my high school. 3.91 unweighted GPA. 4.27 Weighted GPA. 33 ACT. I applied too late though and got put in engineering review as the spots were all full. Am yet to receive a letter or packet from A&M… Anyone have any thoughts about me getting into Dwight Look and/or receiving an in state waiver?

@jarededberg You actually got accepted within 8 hours? You have 4 tabs on your Howdy portal? I’m just a bit surprised because it usually takes a few days just to get a UID.

my son has 4 tabs on his Howdy portal and it says congrats you’ve been admitted however it says that his major is UNEN. Is this undeclared engineering? He applied in November so I am assuming he is part of the 15% engineering review? Stats 32 ACT. 3.9 UWGPA, 4.7 WGPA, Top 10% of his class

Applied: August 1
Received UIN: about 2 weeks later
Accepted: Still waiting
Review Admit
Out of State (Florida)
Biomedical Engineering (1st choice) Biomedical Sciences (2nd choice)
Honors: Possibly
Stats: Top 17% (104 of 599) 1180 (two score) SAT 26 ACT GPA: 3.87 Weighted
2 year dual enrollment (taking college classes at state school w/ 4.0 GPA)

Already accepted to an in-state schoo but Texas A&M is my dream school, both my parents went there and I absolutely loved it when I visited.

@marie122 If you submit your housing application within 30 days of being accepted, you are guaranteed freshman housing on campus. The application fee is $50. The housing deposit is $300. For a total out of pocket expense of $350, due at the time of submitting the housing application.

If you decline your admissions to TAMU by the deadline, the $300 housing deposit is refunded. The $50 housing application fee is not refunded.

If you do not complete and submit the housing application, application fee and housing deposit within 30 days of being accepted to TAMU, you are not guaranteed housing on campus as a freshman but they will do their best to accommodate you. You just may not have any say in the dorm choice or associated costs.

Applied: 10/27
Received UIN: 10/29
Accepted: 11/05 (exactly 1 week later)
Review Admit
In-State
First Choice - Mays Business School Business Administration
Honors: Applied for Business Honors

Hello,
Applied: 8/28
No decision yet.
Out of state
All of my high school transcripts and stuff was processed around sept. 2nd or so so I’ve been in review since then. I’ve applied for Computer Engineering. Does anyone know when I should expect my decision? Since I’ve seen that they’ll start sending out notifications in December, I’m quite nervous…

@ chocopied Do you mind sharing your stats?

Applied 9/30
Review
Out-of-state
Mechanical Engineering

In AIS, major was changed to General Engineering (Mechanical) this morning, but still just have the “Applicant” tab in Howdy. Not sure if it just changed because the application closed last night or not, this happen to anyone else?

International student who qualifies as an Academic Admit.
Application was complete by 11/20.
Any idea when I can expect a confirmation? I understand that I will be admitted to the university rather than my major under this.
How long does it take to be accepted into major? Major is Aerospace Engineering.

@osmdad Your son got accepted this quickly? I got a 28 ACT also, but with a 33 in math (which I’m hoping will be my ticket in). I only had 19 days to prepare and I took the Sept. 12th ACT, so I got my scores I believe around mid-October to beginning of November, which is when I sent them. However, like I said above, my app was finished the very first days of September, since I sent my SAT score that I had available at the time. And last week I sent my final recommendation letter, because my counselor wrote one for GA Tech. It was a great letter, but hopefully it doesn’t delay my admission decision…

Applied 11/16
UIN 11/18
Review Admit, In-State, Top 15%
SAT 1190/ ACT 27
Application is Complete and In Review
700+ community services hours, Academic All-State (2 sports), NHS, FFA, FCA, (and a few more) 21 transferable college credits with a 3.75 (dual credit courses)

I have been contacted by the Advisor in the major I applied too - making sure I submitted the college transcript before the deadline, seeing if I had any questions, schedule an in-depth tour, etc. When they contacted me, it made me think I had a chance to get in but most likely, wishful thinking!

@Thelma2 We paid the housing deposit fee ($50) but not the ($300) deposit when kid filled out housing application back in September/October. (Fee waiver/Academic admit/waiting on Honors decision) Does she still have a “spot” reserved for freshman housing?

@Thelma2 My son was admitted on Nov.30 ( he applied on Nov.8) and we called on Dec. 1 to ask if we had to pay the 350 even though we don’t know the answer to the honors college yet. We were told if it was available to do on his portal we had to do it by midnight CT 12/1 to assure a spot in honors housing.

@PJackson

I see now, how my earlier post is confusing, as it makes no mention of the Deposit Deferral Request for the deposit. That option is available as you are given two choices when paying the application fee/deposit or deposit deferral.
Did you print out your housing contract? In looking at mine,
After Section 4 and the Emergency Contact info Missing Persons Contact Option, is the Housing Deposit.
It reads: The Housing Deposit serves as a space reservation, to deter late reservation cancellations, and as a damage deposit. The $300 will remain deposited with the University as long as a student is living on campus. This deposit is not applied toward residence hall or apartment rent. Deposits will be refunded…
Then it goes on to say, Housing Deposit Deferral Request
Applicants who will be receiving some form of financial aid are eligible to request a deposit deferral. This means, instead of paying the deposit in advance, approved students will pay the $300 after scholarships and financial aid have been dispersed (normally April-June for the Fall semester. Students who apply for the Deposit Deferral will be notified of their status. Students who are approved for a Deposit Deferral will be contacted by the Housing Assignments Office on when and how to pay the $300 deposit…
Then it gave you two options:
*Select an Option
O $350 ($50 application fee and $300 deposit)
O $50 ($50 application fee, and request $300 deposit Deferral).

On the actual housing application, it states under payment information:
The following fees will be required:

• A $50 application fee AND
  • A $300 housing deposit OR a housing deposit deferral request (if eligible).

I checked the first option of paying it all, so I assume that by checking the second option, that in and of itself is requesting the deposit deferral.

That said, you might call TAMU housing 888-451-3896 oremail housing.tamu.edu to double check if you question it.

@Thelma2 Thank you for such a thorough answer. Yes, she did get a notice that she will have to make the deposit either Jan/Feb. I will check again, but it looks like she has a “space” reserved at least for now. lol.