Class of 2020- Admission Status

@mumz14 I don’t see anywhere on the housing application of a December 1 deadline or anywhere online for any housing, honors or otherwise. The $300 is required unless requesting a deferral.
I wonder if you were encouraged to apply for housing right then because your acceptance was so close to the deadline (mine wasn’t too far away either) and housing assignments go by date of housing application and the further out your assignment, the less chance of getting the dorm/room you prefer.

The info I posted was just what was contained on my contract and application and is the extent of my knowledge.

@Thelma2 My son received a link from the honors dept after he submitted his application that specified the Dec. 1 time frame and said his application would not be considered complete until we paid the fee. That’s why we called and admissions confirmed the time frame so we paid even though my son is not sure he will attend A&M just to be on the safe side.

@PJackson
Re-reading your post, I would say YES you have a spot. You checked the deferred payment (Fee waiver). If you are not approved for the waiver, they will let you know and also contact you how to pay it later. Congrats on getting your stuff in early. I couldn’t get my son to move on it (TAMU was his second choice at the time, now first) and I could not get through his head that acceptance date= housing application submission=getting a dorm room in the learning community or preferred dorm. Keeping fingers crossed for learning community.

@mumz14 That makes total sense then. My son did not apply for honors so we did not receive a link. I paid the fee as well to be on the safe side. At the time of application, it was his back up plan and I wanted everything solidified, just in case. Now it is his first choice, so glad I did. I will have three in college next year and going back to work for the first time in 20 years, so the more I can take care of now, I am all for.

@Thelma2 I will have 2 in college next year, already work full time and completely understand. Good luck to you, your son and family!

Applied 9/30
Holistic Review
Out of State
Dwight Look COE

ACCEPTED 12/3 apprx. 7 pm

Applied 10/2
Holistic review
In state
Ag sciences

Accepted 12/3 approx at 9 pm. Thanks and Gig’Em!

@mikemaddox you might consider posting your stats. A lot of OOS look for chances to Look and it is always hard to answer. The more OOS info we can get, the better it will be for them .

Daughter Applied around 9/18
Major: Biomedical Sciences
GPA 4.27
Class Rank 3/234
ACT 27 SAT Math 700 SAT Reading 550
Review Candidate

Accepted 12/3!! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. Have not gotten an email yet but status changed in AIS.

*STATS

Applied 9/30
Holistic Review
Out of State
ACT 29 (totally choked on Math on last attempt dropped 4 points to a 25 kinda surprised I got in with that) (also had 30 composite w/o writing)
GPA 3.98 unweighted
Class Rank 20/232
Very rigorous AP schedule
Multiple AP credits
Several Engineering credits from Ole Miss
Recommendation from alumni

Also got very involved with TAMU past couple months; prospective student session, campus tour, went to several football games, Aggieland Information Day, Spend the Night with the Corps, signed up for every mailing list etc.

Accepted to General Engineering 12/3 around 7 pm

Mine still says in review :confused: Do they announce decisions every day or just on a few days of the week?

@GustafAngus My son is a review admit and TAMU takes a holistic view of review admits. My son sure has an impressive CV and that’s probly how he got in early. All other things being equal, I am sure you should get in too, sooner or later. Has TAMU ranked you in the Top Quarter ? (My son was.) BTW, have seen your other posts and am sure you must have got in with a Presid Schol at TTU.

@osmdad They ranked me in the second quarter, but my school doesnt rank. Im an OOS, and Im RELLY NERVOUS. I mean really. Im actually having nightmares about not getting in and I constantly refresh AIS and this page for anything new. And i dont really know what you mean as “Presid Schol”, but I did get into TTU. I was an auto-admit. But I really want to get into Texas A&M…

@GustafAngus I certainly wish you get into TAM, but quite honestly you shouldn’t be getting too attached to a particular school, especially if it isn’t on your SAFE list. The engg school at TTU is also impressive and in any case, it doesn’t matter all that much where you do your UG so long as it is a decent school. With a 28 ACT, you will qualify for Presidential schol at TTU (at least $3.5k per year) and qualify for in-state tuit as well. Cheer up… and hope for the best from TAM…

Quick Question… Does anyone know why the review students are getting admitted into the college of engineering before the auto-admit kids in engineering review?

@CollegeMama987 If you go to your student’s AIS (applicant information system) and click the tab “my communications”, the acceptance letter is contained therein and you can print it off. Then in a week or so, you will get the welcome packet in the mail.

@GustafAngus I believe I read somewhere that A & M releases notifications on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. I don’t remember where I read that though so I could be off but quite a few people did hear last night (Thursday).

@CollegeMama987 Thank you SO MUCH! I have been checking every 5 minutes to be honest… I guess I can relax a bit until tuesday. This thread has been very helpful :slight_smile:

@jarededberg From what I understand, auto-admit is not a guarantee into engineering, only into A&M. I’m guessing that some review candidates have an overall better resume than some of the auto admits.

Submitted ApplyTexas Application 8/1, UIN 8/3, Submitted Essays 10/13. Top 13%, 29 ACT, lots of extra-curriculars and leadership. Spent lots of time on essays (i.e. later submittal). Admitted last night 12/3 to Mays Business school!