Class of 2020- Admission Status

@ptrckrggs There’s an acceptance in the “my communications” section of AIS. The actual package in the mail arrived in 9 days for us.

Since it is getting close to the Holidays, do you know if there will be any more admissions this month?

Chance me pls
(international applicant)

ACT - 29C ; STEM-31
School ranked best in the country , GPA -4.5/5. (roughly)

ECs/Community service::

1.worked at the central water commision ( run by the indian govt.) for drought management for a year
2.taught underprivileged children for 4-5 hrs a week with an ngo for 3 years
3.taught village children for 17-19 days every summer for 3 years . was featured in the regional newspaper for this and was also interviewed by leading regional magazine.
4.worked with an ngo against female foeticide.-3 years
5.participated in a couple of MUNs. didnt win anything though.
6.member of the school gaming team. won a few competitions.
7.class prefect for 1 year.
8.intl maths olympiad 3 years ( with 96+ percentile every year)
9.skilled mountaineer- exp- 3+ years
10.played in the delhi international football league run by the american embassy for 3 years( won the league once and the golden boot once)
11.school football team for 2 years
12.school athletic meet - 2-3 years
13.science workshops/ competitions etc - 4-5 attended
14.maths workshops/competitions - 3- attended

Applying to CoE for Civil Engineering

@futurecivilguy14 Do you know what your class rank is? And when did you apply?

@CollegeMama987 My school doesnt report school rank. I applied on 30th november

My application just changed from Complete in Review to Incomplete with Class Rank marking a red cross.
Why now? It has been in complete since Dec 3. The weird thing is that the status changed this morning (around 5 am CST) not in office hours? What does this suppose to mean? Does anyone has the same experience before? I wish it’s just a server error.

@sjmaiklee my DD had that happen too. Shortly after that the rank was assigned. (her school does not rank).

We then sat for quite a while longer and finally contacted school as she was clearly with in the parameters for an auto academic admit. It turns out that there was a misunderstanding about the nature of one of her classes and as soon as that was cleared up the acceptance was given in a day or so. I would encourage you to contact them by phone (not throught the portal as that proved to be useless in getting resolution). Find out both whether the change in your class rank is due to them being in process of assigning class rank and whether your curriculum meets their requirements (just in case you run into a problem like we had). I say that because it seems my daughter would have been left waiting for many months wondering what was going on only to be rejected on the basis of the misunderstanding re: the curriculum had we not contacted admissions. Good luck.

@Themommymommy

I am an international student from Taiwan so the time is nearly opposite
but I will call them to find out
Thanks a lot

@futurecivilguy14 Texas A&M will assign you a class rank. From what I’ve read, the COE fills to 85% capacity with auto-admits, then there is a holistic review for the remaining 15%. I really have no idea what your chances are but I would bet that it is very competitive to get one of the remaining slots. Best of luck to you.

Just got accepted tonight!!

Applied 10/14
Received UIN 10/20
Review Applicant
In-State
Major is Environmental Geoscience

ACT: 27; 27 english, 25 math, 28 reading, 28 science, 28 writing
Ranked top 13%
GPA: 3.88 (weighted) on 4.0 scale

Lots of EC’s
Leadership in many clubs/summer programs
8/10 on the essays (My opinion on them)

what’s your unweighted gpa? also, did you send in teacher recommendations?

@baylor2020 unweighted is 3.79 and yes 2 letters of recommendation and a expanded resume.

Is anybody here not an auto-admit? I’m just trying to figure out if I have a strong chance of getting into A&M. I applied in October and still haven’t heard anything… I have a 1500/2400 SAT score and a 3.8 GPA. I am in a class where I mentor elementary school students, and participate in track and cross country. Now that I’m reading about all of the students with high SAT and ACT scores who’ve applied, I’m starting to second guess myself.

Is 3.8 your weighted or unweighted gpa? 4.0 or 5.0?

@80sFan1 There are some posts from review admits. Look especially around 12-03 when the first large wave of reviews were accepted. My D was accepted as a review but her SAT was around 1840 and she was in top 2% of class. I think a 1500 is too low to expect full admission.

Wouldn’t top 2% be consider auto-admit under the 10% rule?

@baylor2020 My D was 2% but OOS. Her SAT/ACT scores did not meet the minimums for auto-admit. She had a high GPA but I believe the class rank is what stood out.

It is unweighted, so it would be out of 4.0. @baylor2020

Also, my school is EXTREMELY competitive - even if someone has a 4.0, he/she still wouldn’t be in the top 10%. I believe I am in the 38th percentile. :frowning:

@80sFan1 It all depends on your major from what I know. Even I, with a 1900 on my SAT and 28 on ACT, have a slim chance to get in to A&M’s engineering. Good luck, though :slight_smile: and Happy holidays to everyone! Let’s all ask Santa to bring us an acceptance letter soon! :smiley: