Class of 2020- Admission Status

I just got accepted today and i’m out of state (Illinois). 3.55 unweighted GPA (However full honors and AP schedule through high school) and 31 on my ACT.
Major: Environmental Design, Architecture
My school doesn’t rank
I thought my essays were solid (9/10) and I wrote all 3.
Only 1 rec letter from my counselor
I also played varsity baseball and did multiple clubs and had an internship with an architecture firm.
Just trying to give an idea for a review candidate and best of luck!

what was your weighted gpa??

The scores they evaluate are M+CR only. They also look at class rank vs. GPA. For review admits 50% of the decision is based on those two factors, the other 50% is everything else. Strength of school is not counted in the rank %, the equalizer is the academic admit (top 25% & scores 1300+).
No, major does not matter for acceptance to university - you can pick any open major - the tough part is some majors are full or almost full so it is more about timing. Major DOES count for transfers – the process is entirely different.Don’t compare freshman admit to transfer admits.

So I was accepted today, does anybody know where I can see how much scholarship I got?

@pranavrsm In the howdy portal, under the finances tab. Although I don’t know when scholarship info is posted.

Yea it stated that the fafsa needed to be filled out but that doesn’t open until the 1st of January so I believe we have to wait some time before scholarships are told

Most scholarship offers usually come in later (other than a few early ones) and can continue to be posted to FA portal into the summer but majority show up Jan- Mar . There are a few that show up as late as July! Good luck!

Do you know how much I can probably get. Will being out state help me more?
Thanks

When did you apply? September
When did you get your UIN? September
When did you receive your admission decision?November
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review? Engineering Review
Major/College of Choice? Did you get in? Computer Science
Honors program?No
Stats… 31 ACT, 1950 SAT, 3.8 unweighted, 5.0 weighted

When did you apply? November 25th
When did you get your UIN? 4 days later
When did you receive your admission decision? December 3rd
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review? Academic/auto I think not really sure how it all worked.
Major/College of Choice? Did you get in? Mathematics/College of Science
Honors program? Applied
Stats… 34 ACT, no SAT, 3.979 GPA, Out of State(michigan)

“Final decisions will be announced in mid-November for spring admission and mid- to late- March for fall admission through the Applicant Information System (AIS).”

Do some applicants really need to wait that long?

What I’ve heard is that nearly all decisions will be complete by mid-February
@sjmaiklee

@ccook25
Still a long long long wait

@sjmaiklee trust me I know. I applied August 1st at 11am and I’m still waiting. I’m a review admit but 5 months of waiting is driving me crazy.

@ccook25 same here. I applied Aug. 28th and all my documents were checked as OK on Sept 3rd or something, still nothing… What major did you apply to? I applied to Computer Engineering.

@GustafAngus My first choice was Biomedical Engineering, and my second choice was Biomedical Science. But I’ve been told that you choice of major doesn’t affect your admission into the university.

@ccook25 I heard that too. Oh well, all we can do is wait. I still gotta hear back from UT Austin, Clemson ect…, so A&M ain’t my only concern :smiley:

@GustafAngus I’m from Florida so I’m waiting on UF, but I applied to University of Central Florida and received my acceptance in a week after they received my documents. And they receive close to 65,000 applicants every year. But A&M is my number one choice and I’m stuck waiting

@ccook25 I’ve been searching through some “chance me” pages for Dwight Look (A&M’s engineering school) here on this site earlier in the morning when I was in school. I really don’t remember where, but I read somewhere that basically A&M first reviews you and if you “pass” that or whatever, then the Engineering department looks at you and decide if you’re eligible for admissions. And I also read that Most review students for engineering hear mid to late January. So hopefully we’ll hear soon.

Like I said, I don’t remember where I read it, so the way I phrased these things may not be correct, but just some info that maybe you’d like to know! And today is Tuesday, so some people might get accepted today (they release acceptances on Tuesdays and Thursdays evenings), so maybe we’ll get accepted later today haha :smiley:

@GustafAngus good to know! I’ll be checking AIS all day! Fingers crossed