Class of 2020- Admission Status

@GustafAngus I can’t say for certain but I can’t imagine it would hurt. I’ve called them many times about my application so you could do that as well. The helpfulness is about 50-50 though.
@ccook25 That’s frustrating as hell. And same here as I unfortunately live in Oregon. If you are really committed to A&M though you can always join the corps and something like 80% of the kids in the corps get scholarships from the corps. You can email the Corps recruiter about that. He is really nice and helpful! For what it’s worth just know that as you are a freshman you are guaranteed housing on campus. It may not be the housing you want but you at least you have a dorm.

@jarededberg I actually got to have a personal meeting with the recruiter last fall and it was really cool. Not sure if the corp is the fit for me but it’s always an option. My sister is actually going to A&M and lives just off campus so worse case I can live with her, but I would much prefer on campus housing especially for freshman year. It’s just a waiting game for admissions then scholarship/ financial aid

:-<

@ccook25 I know this is the last thing that you want to hear but you just need to have patience. I know it’s so hard but it’s not something that you can control so don’t stress!

@jarededberg So if engineering applications are starting to be reviewed and you said by next week or the week after, if I haven’t been admitted to the university yet, I won’t be counted in the engineering review process? Only after It says that I am admitted to the university will I be considered for the engineering review process right?
Also, when do you think the first round of decisions for the university in general are going to come out?
(Sorry, I’m just frustrated and really worried)

@abcd55985dhd what it looks like is that you won’t be reviewed for engineering until you’ve been admitted to the university. From what I’ve seen review admits should be completely done by mid-February. I’m in the same boat as you, waiting for admissions to the university, and hoping I’ll get into engineering.

@ccook25 Thanks. Good luck to you!

What are my chances getting into the Petroleum Engineering program as an OOS applicant with a 1370(cr+m) SAT score, (1400 if they superscore) and in the second quarter of my class (top half)? I have taken 10 AP classes and 7 dual enrollments.

@abcd55985dhd @ccook25 covered most of it.I cannot say for sure that you will be left out of engineering review. As a prospective student I know just as much as you do. I would recommend calling admissions and talking to them about your prospects if you do not hear by Friday. I have been told that all engineering review decisions will be sent out by Feb. 2 but I’m not sure if that really means all or just a majority. As far as university decisions I have no idea but they are unusually slow with decisions which is especially irritating so close to the engineering review deadline. Sorry I wish I could help you out with more. Don’t lose hope though!

@hkian9 @ccook25 I called the one of the Prospective student Centers (Number: (979) 458-0950 ) And they told me the following. They said that there are SOME spots for engineering left and that I am in the pool currently being evaluated, so I should hear in the next few weeks (Up until the 15th of February). Again, I’ve not yet been admitted to A&M, and I told them that, but that’s what they told me, that I should hear from Engr by February 15th. So you should call too. Good luck!

Actually, being more specific, she said most people are admitted by end of February, and I said that many people here on the forum, including me said they might be denied engineering because the engineering slots at Engineering might be taken by the time we get into A&M. And she then told to wait and hold and when she came back she said that there are the few left Engineering spots at A&M, and that I’m in one of the pools being evaluated. Now me, being the dummy, didn’t ask whether the pool is for being accepted to A&M or Engineering, but I guess she was talking about Engineering, since that’s what we we’re talking about.
Anyway, I’m not that worried now. But if any one of you call them, please post what they told you, so others will know what’s going on.

@jarededberg based on my previous posts do you think she meant pool of applicants for A&M in general or engineering?
I’m kinda confused right now and I’m afraid to call back to ask what she meant, because I think it might hurt my chances LOL. Sorry about the triple post, guys!

@GustafAngus She was referring to engineering review as a whole. I did not ask about the other pool of applicants so I’m not quite sure when they will send decisions for y’all.

@jarededberg forgive me if I don’t quite understand, but how can I be in a pool of engineering review applicants if I ain’t even accepted to A&M yet? Is it possible for the engineering department to accept me before I get my A&M decision?

@GustafAngus You’re fine! Take this with a grain of salt because I don’t work in admissions or have any affiliation with A&M (Yet

For review admits to the university, they review the university admissions applications and engineering review applications simultaneously. At this point you most likely won’t be put into engineering review. When you hear back about your admissions decisions you will probably also hear back from engineering. You will either be put into the COE, Blinn Team or Gateway. I do not believe it is possible for the engineering department to admit you before you get into the university but I am not positive about that. Good luck and Gig 'em!

@GustafAngus @jarededberg I am thinking about calling the prospective student center to ask them about my application and engineering review. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to do so? I was going to call them tomorrow. It won’t hurt/ruin my chances though right? Should I call?

@abcd55985dhd I would definitely call. At least just to make sure that your application is not slipping through the cracks!

@abcd55985dhd definetely call. I did, they were very helpful.
@jarededberg do you think they offer Blinn even if I chose I don’t want to study there option in ApplyTexas?

@GustafAngus From what I’ve heard I think they would but they would offer someone who checked it on Apply Texas over someone who didn’t given that they had a similar resume. But does anyone know when they start offering Blinn Team to applicants? I’m top 17% in a Texas public high school with a 1820 SAT (1270 composite) and a 28 ACT and I’m starting to lose hope.