Class of 2020- Admission Status

@GustafAngus @mattexas I called admissions about the same issue, because I said in the application that I wasn’t interested. They assured me that it was just a survey and that it really did not mean anything.

@mattexas I sent them a 1900 SAT score and a 28 ACT, with a 33 Math subscore, and I’m losing hope too lol. Plus I asked which score they choose to evaluate and they told me they look at the higher of the two, and I’m really hoping they look at the ACT, since the math score is much higher, but a 28 ACT is sometimes considered less and sometimes more than a 1900…
Oh, and I’m ranked second quarter by them.
@ptrckrggs thanks for the info.
It’s more frustrating day by day…

@GustafAngus and @mattexas Don’t lose hope yet. My D applied back in September and was admitted in December. Her test scores are similar to yours but she had a very high class rank (top 2%). I am re-posting her stats just so you can see that her test scores are similar. She had a lot of extras including 6 varsity letters so that may have helped too.

Major: Biomedical Sciences
GPA 4.27
Class Rank 3/234
ACT 27 SAT Math 700 SAT Reading 550

@CollegeMama987 Thank you for some hope, but did she apply to engineering? That’s what we’re worried about here… :frowning:

@GustafAngus She did not apply to engineering but at least it seems like your credentials are on par to get into A&M. Hopefully not only will you get in, you will get into engineering. I can’t imagine the stress level of waiting! Good luck to you. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for all of you!

So there may be a chance that we hear back about engineering review in the morning. If anyone hears back please let us know. Good luck y’all!

Has anyone been accepted to anything since AIS opened back up?

I haven’t heard anything.

Admissions told me that they are still opening the mail. ( as it says on AIS) Though they did not say so directly,

I think they are still going slowly on review admits to make sure they have all of the auto admits in first and know how many spots are remaining. I have not heard of anyone being admitted since the holiday break.

Based on prior years, Blinn offers are usually not given until all, or almost all, spots are filled for full time on CS campus. Probably after Feb 1 maybe closer to Feb 15. Maybe we will be lucky with earlier this year, though applications are greater. An admissions representative ( not live chat or help center) told me they hoped to be done with all admissions mid February and they were “on track”. If you talk to admissions, note that they almost always refer to Blinn as “full admission”, note that there is Blinn Team and Engineering at Blinn (different rules for getting into main campus COE), and TAMU admissions is in charge of Engineering review, not COE. (COE is in charge at end of freshman year for admitting to specific engineering major. )

I called today to check on the status of my daughter’s application and they said that a decision could be made anytime between now and mid March. I know this is so stressful for everyone who is in review, but the only thing to do is wait. I hope it is sooner rather than later for all of you. My daughter has been accepted to other schools, but is waiting because A&M is her first choice. I just hope the waiting doesn’t cost her going somewhere else if she doesn’t get in because of how long it is taking.

DD got accepted tonight !! BUT it was her 2nd choice major. When we talked to admissions, they said that Chemical Engineeing filled up in October!!! Now that could be just the thoughts of the person we spoke to, she was an academic auto admit…but didn’t turn her application until Dec. 1st…so very late for that program. So she has been accepted As a Chemistry major…if she decides to go that route, they said she can transfer after her first semester…but again, it a very competitive program.

Good luck to all of you!!! I hope you get the major of your choice!

ACCEPTED!!
International student from India

Application Completed: 1 December
UIN Received: 5 December
Admission Decision: Accepted
Major: Physics
1420 SAT
Thoughts: grades were not stellar, ECs and Essays were great though!

BTW does anyone know when scholarship decisions come out?

congrats @pranjal26 We are still waiting for admissions decisions though so idk if anyone knows about scholarships.
I talked to an admissions officer at the CS campus and they told me that decisions would be done by mid-march and your major decision (if you got into engineering or not) will be given at the same time. Do you think I can call the Houston PSC (my region) and ask them to tell me the status of my application (without them telling me that it’s in review bc I already know lol)?
Also, my friend told me that the first round of decisions come out Feb. 14th. So maybe that’s aroudn the date we’ll start to find out? (Valentine’s date is an A&M acceptance letter haha :))

Has anyone applied and been accepted to TAMU Galveston? If so, how long did it take to get a decision?

I got accepted!

International Student from Angola (im Indonesian tho)

Application completed: Nov 30
UIN received: a few days later
Admission decision: Accepted as Engineering Review
1280 SAT

They said my entry to A&M is secure; its just my major that has not been decided. I applied as Electrical Engineering, but they said I would know by mid-January (which is right now so I’m not sure why they didn’t come at the same time)

@geegeehan were you ranked top 25%? Also, on AIS it says engineering review will take place end of Jaunary.

@hoping4admit I applied in September to A&M Galveston and heard back later that month.

Just got off the phone with admissions and they did push back when they will be sending out engineering review decisions from today to two weeks from today on the 28-29th of January. Thought I’d let y’all know. I swear though if they move it again I may just bust an artery…This is the most stressful thing in my life and I bet all y’alls too!

I got accepted last night, now I am just waiting on engineering review