Class of 2020- Admission Status

@ptrckrggs We all are… this is day 56 I believe for me in engineering review. This is way more nerve-racking than actual admission simply because the competitiveness is 10 fold that of regular admission into the university… Good Luck!

@jarededberg thanks!! you too!! Do you guys know what you are going to claim as a major on the horrible outcome of not getting into engineering?

@ptrckrggs I do not want to risk having to internally transfer as it is extremely difficult so unfortunately I will have to go to that school in Austin as I was accepted into the engineering department down there…

@jarededberg would you transfer back to the real school???

Atleast y’all are in. For God’s sake, I’m still waiting to get into A&M since Aug. 28th. Also, @jarededberg, which school on Austin did you get into? UT Austin Perhaps?

And congrats to all who’ve been accepted.

@ptrckrggs What real school are you asking about? I’m just saying I don’t want to deal with the stress of internally transferring from chemistry or math into chemical engineering as it is very difficult to do so.
@GustafAngus Yes unfortunately. Burnt Orange is literally the ugliest color on the planet… And remember you’re an aggie now so it’s t.u. :wink:

@jarededberg wait… you got in to UT, but would prefer A&M? Why?? UT Austin is my dream school, tied with Georgia Tech, A&M takes second place. Doesn’t UT have a better engineering program overall?
And I can’t believe you got into UT (not T.U., I ain’t an Aggie YET! :wink: ) before getting into A&M lol

@GustafAngus A&M has intangibles beyond academics, that most people on this forum know about, that put A&M above UT for us. Most other people in Texas and the country don’t get it, so I don’t blame you. For most of my life I thought I was going to be a longhorn but I realized that I was probably making the wrong decision with that. UT’s program is slightly better but honestly it’s negligible in the grand scheme especially because I want to stay in Texas where the Aggie Network is so strong. I got into UT about 2 weeks after getting accepted into A&M but even though I was an auto admit (3% class, 33 ACT). They have not released any engineering review decisions for auto-admits so I am waiting on that. Also I visited Gtech twice (I live in Oregon :frowning: so it’s a ways to Atlanta) but decided the atmosphere was too strict there and I would rather go to UT/A&M. Tech I think is easier to get into than UT though so if you get screwed and get put in PACE or CAP at UT, I bet you would get into Tech (and A&M). I wish the best for you though. I know how much this process sucks and I totally feel your pain! Gig 'Em!

Guys, international student here. Completed my application on December 1st.
On AIS, next to Class rank it indicates 1st Quarter. And my SAT(M+CR) is 1420.
Will I be an auto-admit for computer science/engineering?

@blaugrana9 You will be an auto-admit into the university but not into the college of engineering. You will be placed into engineering review. You can PM me if you want any information about that!

@jarededberg thanks for the words, but I got denied from GA tech, they had record low acceptance this year, and yes, the social life isn’t that good. And looking at it realistically, I have no chance at UT. And my A&M chances are getting slimmer by the day. But I got into Texas Tech.
Oh, and I’d love to go to UT, because it’s in Austin, and I’ve been to Austin, and it’s the craziest place I’ve been to LOL :smiley:

@blaugrana9 I think Auto-admit is only texas residents. If you not you will be part of the OOS students.Which is difficult since you will be competing all the non texas students. But your score are good for many comparable school like UTD, UT Arlington

There are two types of auto admits: top 10% for TX only and the academic admits (top 25% + 30ACT/1300SAT) for everyone- internationals & OOS too. http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted

hey everyone! so this question is on behalf of a friend who has applied to TA&MU. so his major on his portal changed from mechanical engineering to engineering review. does that mean anything? whether he’s into the univ. or anything?

so today my major changed from aerospace engineering to physics (my second choice), does this mean I was denied from engineering?

astronomy2016 …same thing happened to my D…went from Chem Eng. to Chemistry…when I called admissions they said it was because Chem. Eng. was most likely filled, had one tell me it was filled in October. When I spoke to the Chemical Eng. department they said unless your application was in very early, you most likely missed out due to it filling up so quickly. I would assume that may be the same situation, but I would call admissions and ask the question.

what is engineering review anyway?

Engineering review is for students that are admitted to the university and the engineering dept is already full to 85% which is the current limit for rolling admission engineering applicants. Everyone thereafter is put into engineering review if BOTH of their major choices are engineering OR given their second choice major (if it is still available). Then the engineering review candidates compete holistically for the last 15% of slots. They will get either COE, Blinn Team Engineering or pick an alternate major as their answer after the review of all eligible candidates is done. Engineering review has a mix of late applying top 10% TX admits, late applying academic admits & review applicants. BT engineering is only available through Engineering Review - regular Blinn Team is different, and not eligible.

@astronomy2016 , you are correct. The change to your second choice major means you will not be in COE. You were only eligible for rolling admissions since you only had one of the two major requests as engineering. FYI people have tried (in the past admission seasons) to get into engineering review with only one major in engineering, but have not been allowed. They hold the line on that “both majors must be engineering” rule.

@AGmomx2 On ApplyTexas it only said it was recommended, not required. At this point would it be better to let it be or use a major change request?