Class of 2020- Admission Status

If you are denied from engineering review, will you get admitted to the university with a major that they choose for you or are you given the option to choose a different major after being admitted?
It says on AIS that engineering review will take place at the end of january, so good luck to you all.

Before you consider asking, take an objective look at your file in its entirety. Eng Review is holistic competition, are you a top,well rounded student? IF not, just stay in your major. IF you feel you’re very competitive, you can inquire - just know chances are very slim that they’ll add you to the group.

If after admission to TAMU, you are denied COE in engineering review, they may offer you Blinn Engineering. You do not have to take Blinn Engineering if you have been admitted to main campus. Advantage of Blinn Engineering is potentially better path to COE. If you choose main campus for fall, they will not pick your major. You can pick any major that is not currently full. If out of ADMISSIONS review they offer you Blinn Engineering or Blinn Team, you cannot choose main campus with a new major.
I also think if you are fully admitted, and you choose Blinn Engineering and after a semester you don’t like it, you can go to main campus in spring but not in COE. This has been an option in the past, but not sure if they kept it. Again, not an option if you were given Blinn Engineering out of Admissions review.

@GustafAngus yeah i was

Four tabs tonight on Howdy.

Four tabs tonight on Howdy. AIS still shows app is complete and in review. 1st choice major was updated with 2nd choice in AIS. What does this all mean?

@houseof4 I guess it means that your first choice of major is full, so they’re probably going to offer you your second choice.

what were 1st , 2nd choice majors?

Just a question. I only check AIS for updates, so what exactly do you mean by four tabs on Howdy. I Know howdy is the website but what are the new tabs?

The new tabs are: “My Record” and “My Finances.”

That means a decision is on the verge of being disclosed to you.

@AGmomx2 @houseofboys So if I have a tap for “My Records” and “My finances” and a tab that says “Applicant” that means that I should get a decision soon? How do y’all know that? Sorry I’ve never been on Howdy until y’all talked about it yesterday so I’m not familiar with it.

@mattexas - I have another child who is a sophomore at A&M so I’m going off of past experience. The new tabs appeared before the official acceptance. @AGmomx2 might have more to add.

@houseofboys Makes sense. Y’all were saying y’all had 4 tabs though? I only have 2 tabs underneath student but they are the “My Records” and “My finances” ones. Those are supposively the 2 new ones that mean there may be good things to come though?

I know from experience,reading admission blogs and also knowing others with various replies over the last almost 7 years. Keep in mind, if you applied to TAMUG, it also uses howdy with the same tabs so the tabs apply as soon as you are admitted to ONE campus. It does not mean full acceptance, it can be either Blinn Team, Gateway, or Full Admit. It does mean you are not denied nor offered PSA. It’s a little hint that you’ll be offered something soon! Hang in there!

Yep. Got admitted to TAMUG in September. Thanks for your help though.

Sad part is I haven’t applied for Blinn nor for TAMUG but I still have 4 tab. I don’t understand what is goin on

@pk2608 what does your major say?

Major 1 says engineering review and major 2 says electrical engineering

Engineering Review means that you are admitted to the university but are awaiting your major. They will pick the last 15% of COE soon : you will either get full admit to COE, Blinn Team Engineering Academy or ask to pick an open major. You should have a letter that explains Engineering Review. Congrats, you are accepted to TAMU!