Class of 2020- Admission Status

One clarification. I haven’t applied for Blinn team are there any chances I might have to go into it and I don’t really have any letter as such explaining engineering review

And yet i’m an engineer review still waiting to get into A&M… Since August 28th lol.
But what I have noticed is that both my majors are still computer engineering and 2nd is electrical engineering. Does this mean there is still space for those engineering majors? Because some people’s majors changed after they got full. Is ATLEAST THIS a good sign?

Gustofangus you’re international applicant?

Blinn Team is NOT the same as Blinn Team Engineering. Everyone in BTE is fully admitted to the university, just qualifying for the admission into COE & specific majors within COE. You previously could pick any other open major if they give you BTE - you’re not required to pick it is my understanding ( but verify this!) . Are you sure you don’t have any communication regarding this? Did Engineering review just show up? You definitely should have a document explaining engineering review to you - if you can’t find it, call admissions and ask.

This oo confusin where according to you should I have been informed AIS or mail or howdy?

@pk2608 Half-way haha! I’m a US citizen living in Slovenia, Europe. I attend a Slovenian High school, but I applied as an OOS.

Looks like last year they sent an email. http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1584571-apparently-all-the-engineering-spots-at-texas-a-m-are-already-full-help.html Maybe someone in review this year got something?? Sorry that’s all I know…

@pk2608 Do you have a tab at the top that says “my communications”? If so, you letter may be in there.

There is no letter there excpet application acknowledgement.

So if I dont have the extra two tabs on howdy am I basically screwed?

@presto2016 My daughter did not have the two extra tabs on howdy until a week or so after her application status in AIS changed to admitted but it seems like some students see the two extra tabs before AIS updates. Keep an eye on both I guess is the best thing to do.

I don’t think anyone is screwed. I wish I could recall what the dashboard looked like for my son before his admissions changed back in November (applied Oct 12). I filled out the housing application as soon as the application was sent, to get his place in line should he accept his admissions at TAMU. I think that he had a housing tab. As soon as his admissions changed, in the AIS system, is says
My App Status
My Bio Info
My Test Scores
My Documents
My Communications
Contact Us
across the top.
If you are waiting on engineering review, it would seem they are reviewing where to put you: full engineering, TAMUG, Blinn, BET, etc. Once that offer is decided by them and extended to you, maybe that is when your AIS dashboard will change.
I think as long as you do not have an “I’m sorry” notation or letter, you are still in the game for one of the options.

I don’t even want to open the AIS it is becoming depressing now

@pk2608 They usually send out decisions to A&M on thursday and tuesday evenings… Every wednesday morning I’m afraid to look at AIS haha

Per the Office of Admissions, decisions will continue through mid March. So, don’t give up hope.

@Thelma2 but engineering usually fills up much quicker. So we may get into A&M, but we won’t get into engineering. :frowning:

Tis true, @GustafAngus but someone has to fill that 15% of spots and those decisions may come later. Don’t want to give false hope but don’t want you to loose all hope. [-O<

i currently sill have only two tabs on howdy with my major choices still as computer engineering CECN and computer engineering CEEN. Am i currently in a bad position?

DS was admitted as a review applicant today - 01/19/16. Earlier today, the two additional tabs showed up on the Howdy portal and then a few hours later AIS was updated to show he had been admitted to College of Liberal Arts - his first choice college.

He submitted his application to A&M on 09/03 with letters of recommendation received on 10/29 and 11/05.

Class Rank: 157/422
ACT: 32
SAT: 2070
SAT II U.S. History: 740
AP Word History: 5
AP Human Geography: 5
AP US History: 5
(Received AP Scholar Award for AP scores above)

Senior Year AP courses: AP English; AP Environmental Science; AP Macroeconomics; AP Statistics; AP Psychology; and AP US Govt & Politics.

Miscellaneous: numerous ECs volunteer, academic clubs, school athletics and leadership positions, plus continuous part-time work since sophomore year. We likely are going to decline admission as he received admission to a couple of universities earlier that he’s kind of committed to at this point; however, I wanted to post the info above as it might be helpful to future applicants.

My son was admitted this afternoon after the two tabs appearing earlier in the day. His stats are 33 ACT, AP Scholar, Debate all state, all american and national semifinalist. His school doesn’t rank past top ten percent but he would have been around 30 percent if i had to guess- private selectiive prep school.- in State. College of Liberal Arts- Econ.