Class of 2020- Admission Status

@proudamerican I’m in the same boat as you…
Fingers crossed :expressionless:

@proudamerican what are your stats?
I’m on almost the same situation as you. Computer engineering is choice 1, Electrical engineering is choice 2. And still not accepted to A&M.

3.8 weighted gpa (non reported unweighted)
school does not rank
1280 sat
worked at staples and currently best buy
PERFECT all three essays
robotics for 3 years no leadership
photography club no leadership
out of state and upper middle class.

@GustafAngus sorry meant to reply to you also
ap physics 1 and 2, calc ab, U.S. Gov and Pol
3 honors courses

What do you mean PERFECT all three essays?

@proudamerican A&M is “need blind” so your financial situation will have no bearing. Good luck to you!

@hoping4admit

We had a professional over look and consult on the essays. She is extremely well regarded in her field and in the state of NJ.

@proudamerican What did A&M assign your class rank to be? You mention that your school doesn’t rank but A&M should have assigned you a rank.

Sharing what I learned today after a call with an admissions counselor. My son was accepted this week as an Engineering Review candidate. The counselor indicated that she believed notifications would be released in the first week of February (I know the admissions letter says mid to late Jan). Additionally, and I don’t think this has been posted on this thread, and I have heard this from 2 different admissions counselors, the review pool is 25% this year, not 15%. So they filled with auto admits at 75%. She also confirmed that all engineering review decisions will be released at the same time no matter when you entered the review pool.

Hi!! I applied in August, August 9th to be exact. I was wondering what y’all think my chances are?! I have a 29 ACT, 3.75 unweighted 4.5 weighted, taken a bunch of AP classes, I was selected to attend Texas a&m veterinary enrichment camp last summer, and I’m majoring in biomedical sciences. I work at a veterinary office, I’m in national honor society, I’m Vice President of a community service organization, and I’m a shift leader at work as well as sports in high school. I’m very anxious about hearing back! Thanks!!

That is good to know. I have a friend whose son is in review and procrastinated to get his app in Dec. 1 and they are holding their breath for him if he gets in or not. He is in state. Decent credentials and some pretty exceptional things in his favor but not stellar EC’s and below 2000 SAT. .

@75317i This is so frustrating. This is day 60 of me in engineering review. You’d think they would be able to give me a short answer in a faster time fram than that. They are certainly not making a good impression on anyone who is not familiar with how A&M works. They seem extremely incompetent especially considering most of their decisions are done by a computer.

@75317i If I call the admissions counselor, what do I need to ask to be told if I got put into the engineering review pool or not? You said that they told you that you were being reviewed; how did you get them to tell you? (I tried asking a few weeks ago and they said that by mid-March, all decisions will be out and nothing else ughh:/)

Also, (anyone), if by now I don’t have 4 tabs on howdy and have not been accepted or anything, do I still have a chance?

@gigemgirl13 What is your class rank and your math/reading ACT scores?

I applied really early back in august and I have been in review since then. I have heard people saying that they are in engineering review, but on AIS mine does not say that. Does this mean I have no chance? I applied for engineering.

@CollegeMama987 don’t know where can i find this info

@proudamerican It is in AIS. I honestly don’t remember where it is as my daughters AIS has changed due to being accepted. Can someone else help please?

@abcd55985dhd - you would have received an acceptance letter from TAMU that would indicate that you are in Eng Review. Your AIS would indicate that you are admitted, but your major would state “Engineering Review”. You will have the 4 tabs once you are accepted to the University. It seems your application to TAMU is still under review. Once you are accepted, if you applied to Engineering as your first and second major, you will be put in the review pool. Hope that helps.

to find class rank, In AIS, click the “my app status”. This should be the first page of the dashboard, it shows your UIN , name etc. Below that, should say “Documents Required for Admission”. Then there is a laundry list of items with little green checks in them. Class rank is the 3rd one listed.

S has filled out the housing application, but does anyone know the deadline up to which one can keep revising dorm preferences on the housing application before they start sending out room allotments?