Class of 2020- Admission Status

That’s not correct (and issues I have with the admissions counselors). My daughter was a review admit and got accepted to A&M and Mays Business School on Dec 3rd.

@AgEng87 Thanks for letting us all know. I didn’t know what to think when someone posted that Mays was full in November! I think they should post on the student’s AIS or on Howdy when Business (or any major) is full if that is one of the majors you’ve picked. Congrats to your daughter getting in!! Do you mind letting us know her class rank, SAT/ACT scores?

@ac791923 stats
Large Houston area HS
top 13%
ACT: 29 (just got that score for Oct ACT); just 1 point off academic admit = 30
SAT: 590 Math an 640 CR (best sitting)
Tons of leadership and ECs (Cheer, swim team, NHS officer, Student Council officer, very active @ church)
Submitted ApplyTexas application Aug 1st (wish had waited but was able to submit an updates/expanded resume directly to A&M)
Spent a TON of time perfecting essays
2 recommendations (HS counselor and AP World History teacher)
Submitted essays (to complete application) Oct 13
I’m '87 so super excited for her! But way tougher than I ever imagined, so competitive. Good luck to your S/D!

@hkian9 can you give us more information about your admittance. I myself am waiting for a decision on whether or not I will be admitted into petroleum engineering. When did you get admitted and what are your stats?
Also has anyone used the online chat on the admissions webpage? Is it helpful?

I have found that the online chat is very generic. If you call admissions, they can actually look at your application if you give them your UIN.

What I’ve heard is Mays fills to almost capacity & then keeps just a few slots for outstanding applicants. Again, that is rumor. But each year there seems to be a few students that get in later in the game. For those of you in second choice major considering an alternate internal transfer route to Mays here’s the info http://mays.tamu.edu/application-process/

So can someone please chance me on my odds of admission?

@KPWolf - put your request and stats in a separate post. Your chances of replies increase - be specific where you ar in the process, what you have submitted & what your screens say.

@presto2016 I got admitted probably 2 weeks ago. I was ranked 2nd quarter (top half) and my SAT score was 1370 (cr+m) or 1400 if they superscore. I took 17 college course, 10 of which were AP, 7 dual enrollment. Have been class president for 2 years… Honestly thought I had a good shot at petroleum… then again I applied in the deadline not knowing it would work against me.

I got an email this morning from the Corps recruiter asking me if I got into engineering today. I think that this means that they released some engineering review decisions. The AIS site is down right now so I can’t look for myself yet but let us know if anyone heard anything!

Ranked 214/707
wGPA 98
ACT 28
1760 sat(1260 cr+m)
Nutrition major
Want to be in corps (Eagle Scout at 15)

I just checked my Howdy and my major changed from undeclared to General Engineering (Chemical)!

@jarededberg where in howdy do you check this anyway? Under the applicant tab? I only saw the major show up in AIS

Got into TAMU… mechancial engineering. Wonder when do scholarship and isfaa Come out?

@GustafAngus On Howdy, go under applicant, then manage applications and it should show your major. Mine now says Level: Undergraduate Major: ENGE Program: BAC-ENGE-CH. Before under major it just said: UNEN. Good Luck!

Did anyone get an email about their decision before it was posted on Howdy/AIS? (Apologies if this was already addressed–I just can’t find it!)

@jarededberg I still have CEEN, and file is still under review. but congratulations :smiley:

My DS had a change. Now says Civil engingeering from UNEN. No email sent.

@pk2608 -->Wonder when do scholarship and isfaa Come out?

Late February the merit scholarship packages are due out; late march aid packages.

My major changed to General Engineering from Mechanical Engineering today. What does this mean? On AIS its saying that my application is in review.