Class of 2020- Admission Status

I also just got placed into General Engineering after being in review. Excited! Congrats to everyone else like me and Gig 'em

Okay isfaa for 2016-17 isn’t out yet. So if the aid packages are due by March. When do we fill isfaa

How do you guys know if you got in? On Howdy it says Application status: Under review Level : Undergraduate Major: CVEN Program: BS-CVEN-GCE

So everyone who got good news today were people that were in engineering review and got accepted into the engineering college or were people who were still under review for the University accepted too?

I wasn’t in Engineering Review. Till yesterday, my first choice major was Mechanical Engineering and today it got changed to General Engineering. Does that mean anything?

And does this change in major imply that we’ve been accepted to Engineering? Because it says that my application is still in review.

@Pace174 I do not think you were placed into engineering. What was your second choice major?

@elysium305 Is your major General Engineering (Mechanical) or just Mechanical Engineering?

My second choice is chemical engineering

@jarededberg

@niccidoe I can’t even find the email if indeed one was sent out! The paper letter came about 10 days after the status changed.

@Pace174 What was your first choice major then? Were they both engineering?

@jarededberg Yes they are both engineering, my first choice major is Civil Engineering.

Thanks @CollegeMama987. Does TAMU defer or waitlist? Being that their decision making seems so unconventional, I was wondering if they only accept and reject with nothing in between (especially since they have all the alternative admissions like Gateway and Blinn). My dad’s an Aggie (in the day before the auto admit). He doesn’t remember the process… according to him, he just applied to Engineering and then moved in!

I do not think there is deferred or wait list. I think there is full admit, Gateway, Blinn team, Engineering at Blinn and rejected with a PSA referral to a system school or a rejection with no PSA.

I’m admitted to Gateway!
M+CR 1150
unranked school. Placed in 2nd quarter 26-30%
Worked hard on 3 essays. Wrote from heart. No professional editing. Only checked by teacher for grammar.

Congrats @hoping4admit ! I’m finding myself literally holding my breath because I can do nothing but stare at the computer and check my status! I’m OOS, so I know that there’s a slim chance to be accepted but I’m still hoping… ugh this is tough

For what major did you receive gateway?

@KPWolf Both were geoscience, but all in Gateway are changed to general studies. I think we have to do change of curriculum in fall or spring. I understand same as changing major for already admitted, but not as difficult as transfer requirements. Probably wouldn’t work for Engineering or other majors that rarely take COC.
BTW no email was sent. Just AIS so far.

@niccidoe Admissions have said that OOS is not considered for or against you. There are just many more in state applicants. Good luck!

@hoping4admit – I’m hoping so… as I wait, I just learned that I was accepted to University of Miami. That’s great and all, but I want A&M!! Dang this is brutal!

@hoping4admit Were you admitted to Gateway today (yesterday)? And congrats!

So when does the next batch of acceptance letters go out?