Class of 2020- Admission Status

@niccidoe Just to confirm, no wait list, and OOS won’t hurt or help you. My daughters test scores were lower than yours but her class rank was very high, top 2%. I would think with your stats, you will receive some type of offer. Good luck!

I finally got into A&M’s Chemical Engineering program!! At least, I think that’s correct, because it says General Engineering (Chemical). From what advisers have told me in the past about Chemical Engineering at A&M is that we are all doing sort of a breadth curriculum during our first semester or two, then we really get into our focused classes. Super excited that I got my first acceptance though, after waiting 52 days on Engineering Review. ChemE was my first choice, and Biomedical Engineering was my second choice. I hope this information helps people, because the post in this thread have really helped me throughout this process.

Tuesday - my Howdy showed change of major but under review. AIS unchanged in all ways.(original major under review)
Wednesday around 3 am- my AIS showed change of major under review, my Howdy showed change of major, under review
Thursday - same as Wednesday but I called admissions and confirmed I was admitted.
Friday - Howdy says admitted, AIS says admitted with new tabs
I still have only 2 tabs in Howdy

I am having so much anxiety on what my odds are: let me know what you think…
GPA: 3.57
Applied: November 9th
Major: Recreation Parks and Tourism Sciences
Big and Competitive HS
Finished High School in 3 years
Some AP classes- some Dual Credit
A whole lot of Missions, Church, and Volunteer Work
Two Rec Letters
Champion Tennis Player and Varsity
Active Theatre member and Int. Thespian
Good essays explaining my testimony, why my grades faltered, and why I want a Parks and Rec degree to become a youth/young adult pastor

@missionary2020 ACT/SAT Scores?

@jarededberg It says General Engineering (Mechanical)

@jarededberg But my application is still in review and I just have two tabs on Howdy.

@elysium305 See my post for how mine looked. I still have 2 tabs in Howdy with admitted. If you major has changed, I think something good is happening. It may be Wednesday before it updates everything.

@hoping4admit yeah I guess so… Fingers crossed!

does anyone know if there’s a groupme for class of 2020 yet?

Does anyone know what housing is going to be like for these review admits that are getting admitted so late? Is it going to be hard to get the dorm style that you want?

@ccook25 I think someone before said that A&M MUST provide some sort of housing for all incoming freshmen, be it on campus or not. You may not receive the dorm you want, but that, at least with me, is the least of my worries. Also, ccook25. did you get in yet? :slight_smile:

@skier42 Yes there is. If you need an invitation (I don’t know how it works), go ahead and message me your name and phone and I will have my daughter add it. I know she has added a few people already.

@GustafAngus still waiting! Hoping it will happen in the next week or two. My test scores are what’s holding me back, hopefully I get full admittance but I’d be happy with gateway or maybe even blinn. The wait continues.

@ccook25 Your test scores are similar to the average freshman applicant in the biomedical science dept. from last year.

With the housing, you are able to submit for housing as soon as you submitted the admissions application and activated your UIN. You do not have to be admitted nor accept your admissions in order to apply for housing. There is a housing application fee of $50, which is non refundable. There is also a $350 housing deposit that is due now unless you apply and receive a deposit fee waiver. The housing deposit is refundable before May 1, should you decide to accept elsewhere or are denied freshman admission that lives on campus.
When housing opens for selection, they will go in order that the housing deposit was made. All reasonable attempts are made to put all freshman on campus. If you wait too long, you may not get your preference of dorm.

On the housing application, you are asked to rank each style of dorm in order where you would like to live.

If you have not submitted the housing application and housing deposit, do it ASAP.

“Students must be officially admitted to Texas A&M before they are eligible to apply for on-campus housing and every effort will be made to accommodate as many freshmen as possible.”
I waited to apply until I was admitted. I received a response that said I would have a place on campus but it could be anywhere, even possibly a lounge or study carrel to start out.
Maybe I should have applied earlier but didn’t think I could.

I am having so much anxiety on what my odds are: let me know what you think…
GPA: 3.57
SAT: CR-610 M-560 W-560
Applied: November 9th
Major: Recreation Parks and Tourism Sciences
Big and Competitive HS
Finished High School in 3 years
Some AP classes- some Dual Credit
A whole lot of Missions, Church, and Volunteer Work
Two Rec Letters
Champion Tennis Player and Varsity
Active Theatre member and Int. Thespian
Good essays explaining my testimony, why my grades faltered, and why I want a Parks and Rec degree to become a youth/young adult pastor.

A tip for housing - they will not put you in a category of housing above the highest cost you indicated on your form even if it is available. In the past, they fill based on the priority list then if someone drops after rooms are assigned, the next applicant without an assignment becomes eligible for that room. So, it is possible for someone further down the list (or waitlist) to get the most popular dorm, Hullabaloo- provided they had that category of cost on their list. Otherwise the next person who does have that category will get it.They don’t re-shuffle everyone that has already been assigned when an opening occurs.

@CollegeMama987 thank you! thats a reassuring! the 5 month wait is just getting to me !