Class of 2020- Admission Status

@snv1989 I think your chances depend significantly on how well you explained class rank.
Someone who knows the engineering process will have to say if you can get engineering at Blinn with the engr / bus split.

@mattexas The people that got accepted for engineering review were already excepted into the University and placed into engineering review for their major

Went from Engineering Review to General Engineering (Electrical)!

I’m sorry for asking this again, but I’m a bit worried now about housing. Someone said that the deadline to apply is soon and I haven’t yet been accepted to A&M, or anything. If I try to apply for housing it says:

You MUST have accepted your Offer of Admission to Texas A&M University AND registered yourself and any guests for a New Student Conference PRIOR TO requesting New Student Conference Housing.

Should I apply or something if I haven’t been accepted yet?

@hoping4admit. Yes, I wrote all 3 essays and worked hard on them. I also sent in 2 good recommendations.

@GustafAngus I remember you saying a while back that you didn’t know if A&M was going to use your 28 ACT or your 1260 composite. I just wanted to let you know that I talked to an admissions counselor and they said that they are using my 28 ACT over my 1270 composite so I would assume they would use your ACT. I also told him I’d like for him to look at my SAT since by comparison it’s closer to automatic admission(like by number of questions off) and he said they’ll look at both so I thought that was interesting.

@GustafAngus After I was accepted, I could apply for fall housing. I don’t know the date, but all screens I’ve read said freshman will get something. I think they assign in May in priority order. I have seen no dates that are soon except for a current student to say they want to stay in dorm. They have priority AFTER freshman. NSC housing is just for your conference in the summer.

@mattexas thanks for that! Yes, my SAT would probably give me an edge for general admissions, but the 33 ACT score is something I’d like them to see when (if) I am ever put in engineering review.
@hoping4admit Ok, thanks! I won’t apply for housing then. I’ll figure it out if I’m accepted!

So I don’t know what is happening with my application. Nothing is changed on AIS and on Howdy is says: Application Status-Under review, Level-Undergraduate, Major-BMEN, Program- BS-BMEN
I applied Aug 18th and have been waiting ever since.
Should I give up and not wait for this decision any more?

@abcd55985dhd Same here, since the 28th August :smiley:
You shouldn’t give up. I know I won’t.

Same here since August 4th.

August 1st and I won’t give up until I get a denial letter! Good luck to everyone!

@GustafAngus My child was admitted last year as a full admit after housing was “full”. We still applied immediately and got on the waitlist. He did get assigned a dorm shortly after the regular dorm assignments were handed out (maybe 10 - 14 days later). He has really enjoyed being on campus. Obviously,he did not get first choice but he’s on the side of campus he requested.

So even if you hear dorms are full I would recommend joining the waitlist and check with housing. They were pretty helpful last year. You do have to be patient and not sign a lease for an off-campus apartment. Housing did give us an accurate prediction that he readily would get on campus.

@Bluemoon3 Thank you!

Two days ago, I read it to say that freshman that apply within 30 days after admission will all get on campus this year even if it knocks current residents out. It did say you might start out sleeping in a converted lounge or study carrel until they got it sorted out, but eventually you would have a room.

@abcd55985dhd Applied August 3rd and still under review. I guess we will all know by the end of March. Good luck to everyone!

@CollegeMama987 I covered that in my essay… I prioritized variety theatre and varsity tennis over academics and by the time I snapped out of it i couldn’t recover my RANK. I wrote on how I chose to graduate in three years due to my over abundant maturity and readiness to move onto doing what I love to do in College… does that help?

Just curious @missionary 2020, can you remain in HS another year, take dual credit courses & potentially raise your GPA/rank? Seems like you could potentially be more competitive with more units to offset your HS freshman year and enter with more college credits which would potentially be free.

@mission2020 I have to agree with @AGmomx2. If you don’t get in, would you consider staying in HS another year to raise your rank? You could potentially raise you ACT scores too. It is pretty difficult to raise your CR and W scores a lot but in my opinion, you can raise your math scores with just some tutoring and practice. I saw my daughter raise her math scores on the SAT significantly after I tutored her just for a week or so. I don’t mean to criticize but rushing into college if you are only 16 or 17 is not always the best idea. Best of luck to you!

@missionary2020 If you want to get away from high school, and don’t get admitted (don’t give up hope yet! I don’t think they have even started Blinn Team) go to a community college like Blinn ( or near where you live to save money). If you make good grades, you can transfer and high school and test scores count for zero.