Class of 2020- Admission Status

@makennacompton While t.u. is basically a fun in state rivalry thing… you are dead wrong on Corps of Cadets grad who never commanded anything more adventurous than a dog pound. Start with James Earl Rudder, United States Army major general who as a lieutenant colonel was the commander of the historic Pointe du Hoc battle / Invasion of Normandy ( Rudder’s Rangers). Aggies have served and led as officers in every conflict this country has fought. Many gave their lives in battle.

@jarededberg Have heard on somewhat similar lines… but can you can please elaborate a bit more on this?

Fine, but they really need to get rid of the whole dungaree thingy.

@elysium305 watch Youtube Fighting Texas Aggie Band. All members of the band are Corps of Cadet members,
TAMU is a university steeped in tradition. Read up on them and if you get there, I hope you catch the spirit.

Ever wondered what Gig 'Em and Howdy mean…? Here is the official page that explains these and other traditions at TAMU. Definitely makes interesting reading:

http://traditions.tamu.edu/

@LoveAM Not sure if anyone addressed your question. You have until May 1st to accept admittance. All offers of admission will be complete before then so people not accepting will not create openings for others.

I just spoke to Mays School of Business and it is closed for Fall 2016. My son really wants to go to A&M and be in the corp, but was in review. His High school does not rank and it highly competitive. He scored a 31 ACT with several AP classes and in the band. He won’t go unless he gets in the school of Business so it is looking like its not gonna happen. I would assume we would not still be in review if he had been accepted. Apparently transferring in later is highly unlikely. Depressed

@corpmammawannabe I am in a similar situation, I have a 30 act and top quarter, but did not meet the 27 math requirement. I wanted to make it in Mays, but admissions told me Mays closed in November. However, they also told me agribusiness takes almost identical classes to business majors the first year, and agribusiness students are advised by Mays advisors. I checked and the only difference first year is a beginning agribusiness class vs. a beginning general business class. The admissions guy made it seem like transferring sophomore year would be attainable that way. I would not give up hope if your son really wants business, just because you don’t get in freshman year doesn’t mean it’s impossible.

Just heard back from them, offered PSA. I’m not sure if it’s worth doing, though.

I’m just wondering if anyone’s heard back from Liberal Arts in regards to majoring in Political Science My status hasnt changed at all. It’s still complete in review and no new tabs or anything.

I put my app in the first week of August and I’ve been complete and in review ever since. My major still says business even. I’m top quarter with a 30 act, but missed the 27 math component by 3 points. I’ve been involved in both sports and band all of hs, and work 20 hrs a week. Does anyone think I still have a chance for anything? I thought I was so close I’d get in but now I’m not so sure.

If you get admitted but not to your major, or get Blinn or PSA, I suggest you read TexAgs from last year when TAMU admissions gave lots of advice on when to or not to take PSA, Blinn to Business, other majors to Business, Galveston to business, pathways from Blinn, Blinn Engr Acad vs physics full time, Blinn without Team. Etc. https://texags.com/forums/17/topics/2230552/28 I think it is work a read particularly in the February 2015 time frame.

@nhoff22 I think it would be crazy for you not to get admitted with Q1 30 unless you left your essays blank.

I worked very hard on my essays, I’m just concerned that being so close I haven’t heard yet. But thank you everyone for your input, this forum has been the only reassuring thing in this 6 month waiting game!

Transferring into the business school is extremely challenging. The GPA has been raised to 3.5 from 3.3 for the next freshman class in order to transfer to Mays your sophomore year. They tend to take very few students. Its always possible, but even the best of students can struggle their freshman year. I am assuming if we haven’t heard by now and he is still in review then it is a no go for the fall? His second choice is Oklahoma State.

This might not be a good question but does anyone know if I 've been joining in nhs and active since 11th grade until about a couple months ago since I was busy working, would A&M find out? And care?

@loveAM I think with 40,000 applicants, they are not going to know anything you did not tell them

Thanks that’s a relief

Does anyone know if the college of Agriculture has been filled yet?

I was told that as long as you don’t want engineering, business or visualization (animation), you usually get your major if admitted.