Class of 2020- Admission Status

So i applied to Tamu for Computer Science and was admitted to Galveston. I’m happy to have gotten Galveston but i was wondering a few things.
Can i go to Galveston for a year and transfer to the Main Campus?
How hard is it to switch to the main campus?
And can you live on the Galveston Campus?

Mine still says in review and does not say Blinn Engineering as my major. Is this good or bad? I applied for civil and computer engineering.

Yes, about Galveston. Galvy is part of TAMU-CS and after 1 yr, it’s only a “change of curriculum” to go to college station. First year students, must stay on campus. My S just toured it last week. They’re pretty nice.

@jp1516 my changes are similar to yours . I guess I’m gonna get engineering at Galveston by tomorrow

Is A&M at Galveston has on campus housing and worth it to stay and transfer after a year everyone ?

Thanks for the response!
What Is a change of curriculum?
And do i have to meet a gpa requirement from my classes at Galveston before i am able?

Oh and is the change a guaranteed thing to happen?

@Dashquark69 I am also still in review, no changes in AIS/HOWDY. 1st choice in Computer engineering, 2nd is Electrical. What are your stats and when did you apply? I have a 28 ACT (33M) and a 1900 SAT (660 math), I am also 2nd quarter.

Can anyone tell me if the fact that I haven’t hear back yet is perhaps due to the fact that both my majors have the highest student count in the engineering department? As in, there’s more space for more students? I mean does this even play a role?

I think going to Galveston is totally worth it. Until this month, and after talking to Galvy, I didn’t know that Galveston is part of TAMU-CS. It’s an extension of CS. You get sports pass, Aggie ring, etc. unlike Corpus Christie. I can’t remember the GPA (if any) required. “Change of curriculum” is just that, you’d apply for curriculum change to Engineer (as ex) in CS.and would likely have to have a certain gpa, etc (that im not sure of) They told me this week- professors from Eng in CS go to Galveston each week. She didn’t explain in detail- but I got the impression possibly 1x or twice a week. Call Galveston- the Admissions lady is extremely helpful. Sorry for length.

I am still in review but my major changed from BED to BED-EDAL. The only thing I can find regarding BED-EDAL is this:

Transfer and change of major students (students currently enrolled in another major at Texas A&M University) who are admitted to the Department of Architecture are classified as lower level (EDAL).

I am not a transfer although I have college hours from dual credit enrollment and BED was my first choice major.

Not sure if anyone knows if EDAL could mean something else?

@vv2016 BED-EDAL Bachelor of Environmental Design in Environmental Design Architectural Studies

Sounds like even incoming students are assigned one of these? Don’t know much about it but this was on the website too:

"Students that are admitted into the College of Architecture enter with a lower level classification in Construction Science (COSL), Environmental Design Architectural Studies (EDAL), Landscape Architecture (LANL), Urban and Regional Planning or Visualization (VISL). "

@GustafAngus I am second quarter with a 730 math and 600 Critical reading

I was offered Engineering at Galveston today, and have a few questions.

1. Is this considered a denial from College Station for Fall 2016? My howdy portal says my College Station application is still under review
  2. Is this offered to students because the College Station Engineering is full?

I am from Illinois, which seems too far to go to a campus that is smaller than my high school. I wanted to know if I’m still being review for College Station, just not for my major.

Thanks for any replies, I don’t know to take this as a denial or not.

@Dashquark69 @GustafAngus I don’t think your specific engineering major has anything to do with decision delay.
I think you are either on the full vs Blinn Engr / GV bubble or they are really penalizing you for the 2nd quarter and you are on the Blinn Engr Acad / GV vs PSA bubble. Is your 2nd Q a high 2nd Q like 30% or closer to 50%? I was told that close to 1Q is a big deal.

@CollegeMama987 Thanks for your reply. I found that, too. After the long wait, any change makes you anxious!

It looks like Galveston Engineering is a new program offered by Dwight Look College of Engineering. Some details are on the tamu engineering website. It looks like you are already in the college of engineering but would have to meet criteria for your specific major in engineering at which time you would finish your degree at College Station after 1-2 years at Galveston. This sounds similar to what students in engineering in College Station are doing during their first year or two.

I would get in touch with admissions to find out more and the exact requirements. I would ask if you would be doing a change of curriculum or just applying to an engineering major. Overall it sounds like you’re admitted to engineering which is great!

@hoping4admit @Dashquark69 @GustafAngus I agree, 1st quarter is a big deal. If you look at the stats, relatively few people accepted into engineering are in the second quarter. Those who are, have a higher SAT/ACT average than those in the 1st quarter. I’ve mentioned this before, but I think class rank is the number one factor for Texas A&M.

Are all applicants receiving a decision this week? I have a friend who was already accepted, and he has told me that the housing window closes Feb. 14th… What happens if we get accepted after that date? are we out of luck for housing or is there another round of housing apps to come? Thanks!!

@summernicoleh That date is for existing students to indicate they want to stay on campus. It is not for incoming freshman.