Class of 2020- Admission Status

Gigemgirl13 you can call the school and they will tell you. I asked about his second choice and they told me it is not full. Its like a 5 minute phone call and it will make you feel better.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, I’m in the same boat you are and it’s hard not to lose hope. Personally I have a good class rank (17%) but poor test scores (26 ACT), and it’s hard knowing that even though I do great in the classroom at my high school and local state college my test scores don’t reflect that. I initially applied for engineering with biomedical sciences as a back up (I want to go to med school) and at this point I’ll take either. Actually hoping to get gateway to be able to settle into college over the summer. Tomorrow University of Florida decisions come out (I’m from Florida) and even if I get in there I won’t give up on A&M. There’s something about A&M that no other college can match. Pretty much just saying this to give everyone who is still waiting some type of optimism in this tiresome and stressful process. Good luck everyone and Gig’em!

It is pretty hurtful to call admissions a lottery. There is a process and you may not like the process and you may think the process is not fair, but it is the way the law is. Every person I talked to in admissions at A&M made me feel that they were trying to get it right with the law in place and most of the admissions determined by top 10%. Students who get in from top 10% regardless of school I think worked hard to be where they were. Others who were admitted worked hard to be there too. Are there amazing students who didn’t get in? Yes, but admissions were not determined just by chance.

Major changes to TEAM on howdy!!

@mattexas Yay! Congrats!

Hi! I’m posting again just for clarification. My AIS said I was admitted to Engineering at Galveston, but my application management in howdy (for College Station) changed to “Admitted”. Is this referring to the Galveston offer, or was I accepted on both fronts?

@hoping4admit Thank you for posting that. I found it hurtful too. My D’s test scores were not stellar (28 ACT, but 700 math SAT) but she was ranked third in her class at a school that is ranked in the top 100 in the country. She had to work very very hard to get where she was at and did it while qualifying for state in multiple sports, volunteering etc. There are a lot of deserving kids who did not get in, I get that, but it is not a lottery.

Also, I can understand why A&M looks at class rank over GPA and how competitive your school is. Class rank is the only indicator that can be used to show how well you perform given the circumstances you are given. Not everyone can afford to live in an area with top notch schools. Not everyone can afford ACT/SAT prep.

Thanks @hoping4admit. You’ve been a lot of help.

My major on howdy just changed to TEAM so does that mean I got blinn TEAM? The status still says under review

@mmalota That is a very strong indication from every prior year that you are admitted to Blinn TEAM.

@hoping4admit is there still a chance it could switch to full acceptance ?

@mmalota I only know what I have read on a many threads and the official websites. It is highly unlikely, but last year they went against what they said and found a few more spots and switched some Blinn to Full. I don’t know if them doing it last year makes it more or less likely. I think they got a lot of grief about it, so they may avoid doing it again.

@hoping4admit so even if my howdy says my application is still under review but my major changes to TEAM I will most likely be receiving blinn team?

@mmalota usually last year and this year, a change of term or major has often come before the admission change. I don’t know of anyone seeing a change that wasn’t later confirmed.

@mattexas congrats!

I am still under review, tho. No changes anywhere.

Status read under review, but they changed my first choice of Political Science to Blinn.

My 2nd major still reads History.

Based on the other posts, I guess that means I’m being selected for Blinn?

I figure if that’s the case, I’m going to try going to aggieland tomorrow to get the 411 about everything.

If you get Blinn TEAM, is there a guarantee that you’ll get full admittance into A&M later, or do you have to apply again to get full admittance?

@ac791923

This is from the terms and conditions of the Blinn Program.

“Successful completion of the Texas A&M Blinn TEAM Program guarantees full admission to Texas A&M University (A&M) but does not guarantee admission to a particular college or major. Students who complete the program requirements will be automatically admitted (no application is required). Students may choose to compete for transfer admission prior to completion of Blinn TEAM requirements by submitting a transfer application. Students who do not successfully complete the Blinn TEAM requirements or gain transfer admission will not be able to continue their enrollment at A&M after the second year, but may become eligible for admission as a returning former student after the next Fall semester (subject to current readmission criteria).”

"Successful completion of the program requires that participants have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on at least 45 hours of transferable work from Blinn College and a minimum GPA of 3.0 on at least 15 credits from Texas A&M University and:

At least 12 of the 15 credits taken at A&M must be in three or four credit hour courses that satisfy A&M Core Curriculum or Degree requirements; and
Courses taken at Blinn College must be appropriate for the student’s desired major at A&M. Courses other than these may not be counted toward meeting the minimum required hours; and
Any transferable credits earned through institutions other than Blinn College or A&M prior to entry into the Texas A&M Blinn TEAM Program will count toward the Blinn credit requirement, but grades received for these credits will not count toward the Blinn GPA requirement. Once a student has entered the Texas A&M Blinn TEAM Program, all credits must be earned at Texas A&M and Blinn College if they are to be used to satisfy TEAM completion requirements. Any Credit by Examination received through A&M before the start of the Texas A&M Blinn TEAM Program will count toward the Blinn credit requirement."

http://blinnteam.tamu.edu/BlinnTerms.aspx

No changes for my son today. What time of day do you all see changes or do they do this throughout the day? I would also like to hear an answer to AC791923’s question. My son is not particularly interested in Blinn, but it does save a lot of money for those that like this option.

@NotRobertDeNiro can you post your stats again? Congrats to everyone who got updates!!!