Class of 2020- Admission Status

@LoveAM All institutions who receive your FAFSA will notify you, even if you’re accepted or not. It’s standard protocol to let you know that it’s been added to your financial aid file.

I’m still in review too – I don’t have any new tabs or other changes (still says College Station and BS SOCI). I also haven’t been sent an email that they’ve received my FAFSA. I just traveled this week to do a campus/residential tour on the 11th (sadly I had to leave before Aggieland Saturday). I really, really like A&M, but I sort of regret visiting because I don’t think that I will be admitted at this point in time – it makes it hard to want to go to any other school now (but I should be grateful that I have somewhere to go)

@niccidoe I still have my fingers crossed for you. Your stats are very good. They are still giving some full. Good luck! When you visited could your advisor tell you anything?

Thanks @hoping4admit ! No one would/could tell me anything. I was also very hesitant to ask about stuff, but I felt it out and asked questions when appropriate. I didn’t get any feedback about my admission and just kept an eye on this forum for decision updates!

Can someone explain what “the Steps” on AIS are? I don’t see what/which step my app is on. I’m reading about those who are in “Step 3 or 4 or…” and I don’t understand this.

@niccidoe. I think AIS had steps that showed up in previous years. I had read about that too but I think they changed the AIS screen. I never saw a step in AIS or Howdy.

Thanks again @hoping4admit. My brain is so sensitive right now and I’m picking up on the smallest details. Unfortunately it’s making me act crazy!

Will doing blinn team affect how long it takes me to graduate? I know they have me listed as general studies and i have to transfer to biochemistry but how does that work? Will i graduate in 5 years instead of 4?

@niccidoe I would not give up hope yet. I just feel like your stats are good so you should be offered something! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thank you @CollegeMama987! This application process, for every school, has been overwhelming for me. I applied EA for every place that accepted it and when the announcement dates rolled in, it was over and done with! With A&M, it’s been beyond agonizing… TCU was the only other school that put me through this and they ended up deferring me – I’m waiting on that decision to come in March (but I rarely think about them).

So I’m worried since A&M doesn’t defer. And if TCU (which has been the least selective of all which I applied to) would defer me, then A&M could very well deny me.

I’m still hoping, but I’m just not seeing any changes like everyone else on AIS!

I also read on the Texags forum that one clue that a decision has been made is that you will no long be able to have the ability to change your major. Apparently, the note " Your major may change as a normal part of the admissions review process" will be gone as well as the change major function (was this discussed in this forum somewhere too?) – So, my AIS still has the note and the function still available – no decision yet :frowning:

@princessdraine it should not take more time. While at Blinn you take core classes (that you don’t already have from dual or AP) and one class on main campus. I have heard it is very important to talk to advisors at TAMU, more than advisors at Blinn so that it all transfers to the correct classes for your degree.

@niccidoe I would not give up hope just yet. Even I didn’t see any changes on my AIS last month when everyone else was getting placed into engineering review (I applied for engineering), I used to check AIS every single day, and was going crazy because everyone around me had been put into engineering review and I was the only one with no change. And then a couple of days later, my major changed to General Engineering and I got accepted the next day.
I have a strong feeling you’ll get something, if not full. Be positive.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you :slight_smile:

Will Howdy/AIS be updating tomorrow since it’s a holiday or is A&M still open

I do not see a holiday on the TAMU. Academic calendar. I’m guessing they are working this weekend. Just no systems updating. That is what they said last year.

@hoping4admit do they ever update AIS on the weekend?

@hopefulaggie3 what I read, they didn’t update AIS on weekends last year.

I called admissions and their voicemail said they are closed in honor of a celebration of Martin Luther King Jr. and wont be back until this tuesday… I wasnt even aware they were on break but now i have to wait an extra 2 days to speak to someone

It’s President’s Day tomorrow. MLK day was January 18th!

Maybe they haven’t changed their message!

Yeah thats why i was confused because it had the correct dates on the message, just the wrong holliday. Oh well, i have to find a way to occupy myself until tuesday i guess!

There’s no school tomorrow for me, so I’m assuming there’s none for them! I think I’ll research Blinn Team and what students do for housing just in case that’s something I have to consider. I hope that’s the worst scenario I’m faced with! (I just realized that Blinn Team is 45 min away from College Station??)

A&M is not closed tomorrow.

The Admissions Staff does not work on weekends. Just Monday-Friday. They are open tomorrow. Not closed for President’s Day.