Class of 2020- Admission Status

@hmays1 @hoping4admit “Unfortunately” (soley in regards to scholarships) I am a business major, which is not a less sought after major

@bz4410 Based on what I read from prior years, they will offer PSA to all the schools you qualify for regardless of major. I would read the TexAgs admissions thread from February of last year to get more info on chances of non-PSA transfer from another school, straight Blinn and TAMU Galveston. I think engineering is pretty tough if you do not get full, Blinn Engr or TAMU GV engineering. Last year the admissions representative said something like, you may need to decide if you want to be an Aggie or if you want to major in Engineering. Business has taken some from Galveston and Blinn (non TEAM) in the past but you need a very good GPA.

@hoping4admit could you tell me if you think I can get in from my stats?
Applied: August 3rd
Admit: Holistic
Class rank: 241/706
All three essays
Multiple extracurriculars; 3 years of FFA; raised animals
Major: Biology - 1st choice , Food Science - 2nd choice

Thanks!

So has anyone heard anything today? Admissions? Rejections?

@Tanny96 From what I’ve read on twitter, they don’t update until the evenings.

@heeyitsshae Out of top Quarter makes it harder to get in.
25%-75% for SAT is about 1070-1290,
Based on what was shared last year, many with Blnn offers were SAT 1200+ 1Q.
I think your success depends on how they view your essays and ECs.
They CAN make a difference as many have posted last year and this year that they did not agree with lower “stats” getting in. The admitted students were lower in rank and / or SAT but not in total holistic stats, because in holistic review, rank and scores are only 1/2 the picture.

As far as updates overnight: @futurecivilguy14 did yours just change last night? BTW Congrats! Looks like you are headed to full admit to engineering.

Is Howdy down?

@hoping4admit or anyone who may know… are TEAM offers usually a pool of applicants with those stats (1200+ 1Q)? Not to make it all about me, but I think my CR + M was just under 1300 and I’m 1Q plus I had the recs, ECs, all 3 essays, blah blah. I’m bummed that being just under academic admit that I’ll possibly be rejected or even considered for TEAM (I’ll take it though if offered). I guess I’m still confused about how they decide on who’s qualified to be admitted to TAMU.

Also… I’m hoping there’s a really good reason I can’t login to Howdy right now!

@corpmammawannabe my howdy is down, and I know several people with the same issue. Some have said though that this means your personal info/status could be updating.

my Howdy is up… maybe updating for you…

@niccidoe Hopefully they are trying to fit you into Full. They are still offering full admits. It seems from all of my reading that Blinn TEAM often had rank and SAT stats somewhat higher than some of the holistic review full in February. Seems like TEAM are more small misses from auto (some were top 10-15% and 1250-1300 SAT) and the last full are still strong but must have gotten in on essays / ECs. This was explained last year by the admissions rep to the " I / my child have better scores / rank" complainers that holistic is holistic and rank and score are only part of the picture.

@hoping4admit Thanks for the info. I was asking more of would A&M even offer PSA to an applicant that wants business or engineering? Either offer them Blinn or Galveston or reject them. Instead of offering them PSA which business and engineering do not participate.
From the psa website: What if I’m not interested in one of the participating majors (i.e., Engineering)?
The PSA was designed for students who are interested in a participating major. We never recommend using the PSA to be admitted to TAMU with the intention of switching to the major you really want.

My howdy has also been down for last hour

People keep us posted with scholarship offers if you’ll are offered any. Also share stats please.

Also when does corps of Cadets start sending its decisions?

@bz4410 I think they still offer PSA in case you would consider different major.

Thanks again @hoping4admit. It still doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me, but it doesn’t matter at this point! I’m thankful that I put time and effort into my essays (Essay A was well written but really stupid, but the other 2 were very good).

I’m able to login to Howdy now… no changes ~X(

@hoping4admit I also got a 24 on my ACT

Is not being able to log onto Howdy known for updating the profiles? I cannot go and look at my manage application tab now, which I was able to about 2 hours ago.

@heeyitsshae Many of us have been unable to log into Howdy at various times today. It happened to me earlier, but now it’s up for me and nothing had changed on my Howdy despite the down time.

@heeyitsshae 25%-75% ACT is 23-29. I still think your non rank /score side is what matters for you.

During the 3 days that my Howdy and AIS were changing in various ways, I could always get in, but sometimes parts did not work, like I could not get to AIS from Howdy or Howdy would not let me manage applications.