Class of 2020- Admission Status

So am I pretty much rejected at this point?? I thought I had some really good stats and things on my app…

@gigemgirl13 Don’t conclude that you’re rejected. There’s still the rest of the night and this week… heck I would give it next week too. I wouldn’t wrap up today as the end of their decisions especially when they said they would do freshman decisions from the 15th to the 19th. It’s tough, I know. I’ve been just as impatient

howdy portal major changed to team yesterday
Applied 10/20
OOS
Business
SAT-1780, CR+M=1250
GPA: UW-3.3 W-3.8
9 AP’s in total
1st Q
All 3 Essays
2 Recs
Legacy
Varsity Volleyball for 4 years, NHS, student ambassador, FCA, Best Buddies, over 100 hours community service, and an internship at a public company over the summer

@niccidoe. Yay!!!

So… Uh… Anyone still waiting for any decision from engineering? xD My application still hasn’t changed by a single letter since August. Plus I’ll hear from Clemson as well this week, so this is gonna be fun.

@GustafAngus I’m techniquely still waiting for engineering becaus that was my first choice major. At this point idk what to think. Nothing has changed since August for me. My howdy won’t load the “manage application” part so that could be good. But I’m OOS and even if I get Blinn Team there’s a slim to none chance of getting a scholarship for the OOS waiver. Slowly realizing that my dream of going to A&M probably won’t come true. I guess University of Central Florida it is! (But I’ll still wait for official word from A&M)

@GustafAngus, my S is. He’s international. Applied for CHEN

For those who’ve had your major change to TEAM. Does your other stuff in Howdy still say “under review” and “Texas A&M University College Station Fall 2016”?

I know things take time to catch up in AIS, but wouldn’t things be synced with TEAM if that’s what/where they want to place you (such as Blinn College Bryan, TX, for example)? Just a thought.

@niccidoe my howdy still says under review and texas a&m college station, but this evening my AIS updated and offered me admission to Texas A&M-Blinn Team. Yours should be updated tomorrow evening.

Thank you @brrrrw22! I guess I should just start being more patient. I just want to start applying for housing and that isn’t happening for me right now like I want it to!

Howdy!

So I was just accepted into the Blinn TEAM program at Texas A&M and was wanting to know a little more about it, if anyone could help me. I had applied for Engineering and was wondering if I get to take Engineering courses while I am on Blinn TEAM, and if so, would I be able to take them at A&M or would I have to take them at Blinn? I was also wondering if I would be able to live on the Texas A&M campus while I am on Blinn TEAM? Oh, and I will be graduating with around 24 college hours from AP classes and was wondering if I could use those to help me transfer to A&M fulltime earlier, instead of staying the full two years. Thanks and Gig Em!

@niccidoe We are all impatient and anxious at this point! I was somehow able to apply for housing before my AIS updated, but it is already full so I am on the wait list. Does anyone know the chances of getting on campus housing as a Blinn Team admit?

Yes you can apply for on-campus housing @joshuat23. And I think you can complete your “stay” at Blinn early and escape to A&M if you have the required hours! For the other questions, I’ll let someone else take over.

It’s already full? Ugh. What does a waitlist look like? I suppose that’s another thread. I think all freshman (Blinn or “the others”) are all treated equally!

How many days after your major change on Howdy did you ( @brrrrw22) apply for housing?

@niccidoe The waitlist just says that i’m not guaranteed housing, but I will be notified if it becomes available. My howdy major changed yesterday and I applied for housing today

Psa

@joshuat23 were you offered TEAM (Blinn Team) or TEAB (Texas A&M engineering academy at Blinn)? If TEAB you will take Engineering at Blinn but it will be under the TAMU college of Engineering and yes you can apply to transfer to main campus early. If you are TEAM then your ability to get to COE will be much more limited.

@tanny96 I think of this mom, that recently posted in the TxAgs page… her daughter took the PSA offer last year and successfully transferred after 1 year to TAMU- CS. So it can happen in a yrs time! Are you in-state?

Anyone getting an external error when trying to log into howdy?

Howdy! I’ve had many of my friends get TEAM and PSA tonight, those of which i have higher scores/GPA than, but i’m still in review so is this a good sign, considering tonight seemed to be TEAM/PSA night??