Class of 2020- Admission Status

@gigemgirl13 do you know if the updates go out at a certain time tonight? Or did students just happen to check their howdy tonight and it had showed up (possibly may have been there earlier in the day?) still trying to see if there’s a routine as to when they’re going out.

My son is still waiting. It has been a brutal process.

Anybody not gotten scholarship information? I thought I was dead set on getting a scholarship with above average stats and great extra curriculars and submitting the scholarship application on time. Yet I have not heard anything, what about you guys?

@gigemgirl13 I certainly hope that they may have been doing it that way. Because I’m still under review too(: literally nothing has changed in mine other than the AIS disappearing from my applicant tab. Lol!

@MJS0407 I got this message until about 10pm then it went away, no changes, still under review…

@mccrash97 same here. Still under review for my D. Only difference is that under the manage applications there’s no change major option, but there still is in AIS. A lot of people heard today, but it seems to be Blinn Team for the most part. Still hoping and praying that’s a good sign.

@MJS0407 All of my friends who applied/had pretty much the same stats as I do have heard and been accepted… Really getting nervous now. I talked to a admissions counselor yesterday who said they update AIS every night at 11:00 P.M.

Anyone know of any full admits today? Or all Blinn and PSA?

No Change.

@Onelastchance thanks for the words of encouragement. I have also read the woman’s comment on Texags. The only disappointment I have is that PSA is not offered for Engineering, which is what I hoped to major in. I plan on going into the automotive industry after graduation. Does anyone have suggestions for another degree other than mechanical engineering that would work in the auto industry? I want to be an Aggie so bad that I’m trying to figure out how to find a degree in the PSA program that will fit my plans for my future.

Have had 4 tabs for about a week now, still review

@Tanny96 Check out TAMU Engineering Academy at Blinn Brenham. If you are willing to live in Brenham, you might apply there. It is similar to Blinn Engineering Academy but unlike Blinn TEAM and Blinn Engineering Academy, you can apply directly I believe. It has the same early transfer opportunities to main campus engineering as Engineering Acad at TAMUG and TEAB ( Engr Acad at Blinn).

Thanks @hoping4admit . I’ve also started that process as well. I guess I’ll just have to see how things work out. Thanks to everyone for there help and good luck to all.

Scholarships anyone?

@pranavrsm As far as scholarships go, I wouldn’t count on that info coming around anytime soon. I’m not the expert, but given that TAMU has so many admission applicants to make decisions for, then they have scholarships to shuffle through (which being Texas… it’s likely merit goes to the top 10% students which are residents and rightly so), it’s going to be a long(er) ride for everyone.

You may have already done so, but read some of the scholarship forums. They have great insight on the realities of when and how much merit is awarded to in state, OOS, and International students.

So I just realized that I never checked off the box for Blinn team when doing the application, does this mean that I won’t be offered it?

It is my understanding that with Blinn Team there is no guarantee that you will get into the major you want when you transition to full admittance to A&M later. This that correct?

Successful completion of the Texas A&M Blinn TEAM Program guarantees full admission to Texas A&M University (A&M) but does not guarantee admission to a particular college or major.
I know a student, now a sophomore, who was accepted Blinn Team, having done dual credit in HS. He gained full admissions to A&M after one semester on Blinn Team. He did not get his original major of plant and soil sciences.

Just so everyone knows in case you don’t get offered full, Blinn, or PSA there is a program for transfer students that guarantees admission. It’s PTA (program for transfer admission). It is only available for certain majors, but it is an option that can get you into A&M if that’s where you really want to be. I just wanted to mention it for the ones who don’t get in or don’t want to do Blinn Team, etc.

I believe with TEAM, if you meet the criteria you are tracking for it’s almost guaranteed. Isn’t it?