Class of 2020- Admission Status

When I called sfaid office they said scholarships decisions were already out?

@pk2608 Well… if they say they are already out, that means they are already out. So go check your Finance tab in Howdy. Good luck…!

@osmdad your child is an instate or oos applicant? Intnl?.. I checked myfinances there isn’t anything… Btw that info was given to me on the 3rd of february

@LoveAM I did not check off Blinn Team when I applied (I don’t think I even knew it existed), and I was offered it. I also read somewhere else that it doesn’t matter because it’s offered to those they think fit the profile and want to offer it to.

@ac791923 I understand (from my intense Blinn Team research) that you’re not necessarily guaranteed your original major, but it always depends on what your major is. As always, some majors will fill up sooner than others making it a tougher transfer. But what I’ve also read is that there are majors where you can pair up minors that have a similar fit to what you want to study making you just as marketable (and it’s from TAMU so it’s perfect anyway!).

The box for Blinn team is just a survey. I have read several time from admissions, they do not look at that box to decide whether to offer.

Transferring from Blinn depends on major. Some majors have transition agreements that state what you need to do to get your major. Otherwise as others have said, you are admitted to main campus after completing Blinn, but maybe not major of choice. From the start, talk to TAMU not Blinn advisors on how to get there. If you’re something other than business or engineering ( who are swamped with their already admitted) they will usually talk to you and tell you what courses GPA etc will make you a strong candidate.

i am instate, applied for scholarship, don’t think I will get a scholarship, but have seen nothing in my finance tab.

My son applied on August 1st right at midnight and still no decision for him as well. I chatted with Admissions yesterday and they said that all Freshmen (except International) will have their decision by Feb 19th. The wait is excruciating!

@niccidoe thx , I’ve heard that Blinn team is very close to main campus?

Blinn college is fairly close, and Aggie busses run back and forth all day. You will take at least one class your first semester on the main campus of A&M. “Team” students are considered admitted students to A&M, and enjoy all the privileges of full admits. Team students also qualify to pledge/rush. The only thing that a Team student is not eligible for, is varsity sports. Team is a great program, and anyone awarded it should be proud! Congratulations!

I logged in first thing this morning and there was no update. Just tried to login again, and now I have the external error on howdy. I saw this error 2 days ago but it went away with no change to my son’s status.

I wonder, has anyone gotten notification at any other time than overnight?

@seaster07 Mine changed during the day AND overnight. I had a variety of changes with AIS and Howdy over 3 days. I think they can update majors in the day and the actual admitted words were overnight.

@LoveAM Yes. Under 5 miles!

@pk2608 at a Scholarship/Fin Aid session we attended the speaker said they were not through with merit scholarships because scholarships are “fluid” with rolling admissions and students accepting/declining. (We were told to look to the department and/or college for more scholarships as well.) Also, fwiw, one statistic from an Admissions slideshow - A&M reported 17% of their aid was in scholarships and that percentage included outside scholarships.

So if I’m able to apply for housing (get on the wait list), that should say that I’m kinda admitted? Maybe hopefully? Before Howdy changed to TEAM, I couldn’t access housing (yes, I attempted it!) so I’m assuming this means I’m in… any thoughts?

@LoveAM that question came up last weekend, during the “Blinn Team” info meeting during Aggieday. They said it didn’t matter whether you “selected” the Blinn team option or not. They’d still offer it to students, in holistic review process. So no worries there.

@niccidoe yes that should mean your in!! I would sign up for housing right now if you can (even if its the waitlist). Just check about what is refundable.

Thank you @Bluemoon3 I’m in the process now…it’s all non-refundable :frowning: But at this point my mom doesn’t care… she says it’ll get used to go toward something :smiley: What a process, but after May 1 my legacy Uncle and Aunt said that housing should free up and things should go more smoothly sometime starting July ugh!

Son got admitted to General Engineering and has already enrolled to the new student conference. AIS page says “NSC - Admission Accepted”. At the bottom of the page there is a “Cancel your admission and NSC” link. However, I just found out that when you go to Howdy Applicant tab, Manage Application, there are options to “Accept Admission”, “Change Major” and “Decline Admission”. This makes the true status of admission a bit unclear.

My son is serious about A&M. As the father, I have to check the finances and there is no information regarding scholarships yet. The Financial Aid portal doesn’t show any Offered Awards yet.

Do you have to accept admission before you are granted any awards? In that case, is enrollment to NSC sufficient or do you also have to accept the admission on the Howdy Manage your Application page?

I understand that it is not exactly the right thing to do, but if he doesn’t get any scholarship, we may have to cancel NSC and the related admission acceptance. There are offers for very generous scholarships from some other schools. Cancellation of NSC has been made very easy on the AIS page, but what if you accept admission also on the Howdy Manage your Application page, what is the process to cancel in that case?

Yes even I wanted to know whether it was only after accepting the decision that we are notified of scholarships!

@tx36542 my D hasn’t accepted admission to TAMU but received a merit scholarship in January. Need-based aid packages (FASFA) are scheduled to go out mid-to-late March. You may find more information on the scholarship/fin aid thread.

@tx36542 after I registered for NSC I selected accept on Howdy and it just took me to my AIS screen that said I was registered for NSC. I think there are just two places you can say yes to accept.