Class of 2020- Admission Status

It’s been very slow here. Has anyone heard any good news today?

We are still getting an external error message on the applicant tab under manage applications. It has been this way for a day or two. I am worried since there is no change in his AIS status. So frustrating. I am worried.

Even though I’ve had a change in my major (and it’s big news I know), nothing else has changed for me. My AIS still remains under review and I cannot access NSC to register. However, my mom called Admissions this morning and was told that everyone is having problems with updates on AIS and no one is receiving any new info on the screen. Changes may show up on Howdy right now for some, but others who don’t see changes, it doesn’t mean it’s bad news.

She was told that my AIS should update in a few days. Again, no changes are showing up on the screen lately. Apparently, it sounds like the system is having problems.

I was, however, able to get access to the wait list for housing. Which, comfortingly, means that I’ve been accepted despite the fact that my AIS and Howdy do not reveal that literally!

@niccidoe can you show the steps to apply for housing

I want to try if I xan

@niccidoe I am in the same situation, my howdy portal major and ais major both say blinn team, and I was able to join the wait list for housing, but it says my app is complete and in review for ais.

Also, does anyone know if there are any Blinn Team information days available for students wanting to visit and learn more about the program?

@LoveAM In Howdy you can click the link for On Campus Housing (in the far right column). Then click “apply for housing” in the far right column. That will take you to the Residence Life page.

-Click on Residence Halls and White Creek box.
-At the bottom of that page, click on continue.
-Click Apply Now
-If your eligible, it will give you a prompt to log in. After that it’s straight forward to register yourself on the wait list.

My update thus far is this: Suddenly I have confirmation in AIS that I’m officially admitted to Texas A&M. I had two buttons that said NSC registration and decline (wording may be off). Since I clicked on NCS and registered, it now says NCS Blinn Team accepted. So I’m officially TAMU Blinn TEAM. I saw my pdf letter of Congrats and now I’m at peace!

@nhoff22 I don’t know of any Blinn info sessions available. I’ve been looking online and researching the school itself, reviews, and TAMU program requirements. I also emailed my intended major’s department about my concerns about transferring into my prelaw program in the futurenow that I’m Blinn TEAM. I haven’t heard back yet however.

I got to step when it prompts me to log in but then it says ‘housing record not found’ with ‘corps of cadwt’ and ’ summer living ’ below

Yes, that’s what will happen if you can’t/not allowed to log in. When you can log in it will have your name and FALL 2016 housing application button to click. Maybe it will appear tomorrow. Also, go to communications and send them a question about housing and how you can’t log in yet. I did that and it worked later.

Today I was offered PSA from TAMU. Just wondering if this is a good program and any other additional information on PSA. I am a little confused as to why it is offered and why I got it. I have tried to research but still confused. How does it compare to Blinn: better or worse? Thanks!

@macyfidler PSA is admission to other system schools. It does not include TAMU in college station, Blinn TEAM (Dual Blinn / TAMU) or TAMU - Galveston.
PSA Schools are ones like Commerce Tarleton and Corpus Christi. For some majors, after one year you are guaranteed admission and guaranteed your major with a certain GPA and courses. For other majors like Engineering there is no PSA path. I would start with the advisor of your desired major at TAMU and ask them if your major participates and if so which school(s) they recommend.

I was offered PSA too. Is it worth it? I’ve already had my mind set on living in cstat, and have heard I can get in just as easy if I go to blinn.

So riddle me this, Will Texas A And M offer admission to school and then revoke it after receiving your final Transcript from High School?

@hoping4admit Thank you! I have chosen TAMUG to attend in the fall and I am just wondering why TAMUG isn’t included?

Does anyone know a good find a roommate service ?? One that preferably doesn’t cost money

@macyfidler TAMUG is not a system school. It is a branch of the main campus in a different location, TAMUG graduates get same diploma, and Aggie ring. System graduates do not. Though it is not easy to change to some majors at CS or TAMUG, you are in same position as a CS student trying to change majors. ( change of curriculum). PSA has some guarantees for students in limited majors with a 3.0 to get admitted to CS, but generally you are transferring from a system school, not changing your major (Transfer is harder). TAMUG is a great choice even if you never move to CS.

@KPWolf I think we just have to pass our classes and graduate with the required recommended diploma.
Remember though that dual classes are on your transcript when you try for transfer, grad school or a job.

Because TAMUG is a branch of A&M university, not a system school.

Of course they’ll revoke their offer of admission if you go downhill after you’re admitted. Or else we’d all take off at spring break and just show up in Aggieland come Fall