Applied: August 13th
Received UIN: August 17th
Class Rank: Top 6.5%
SAT: 2000/2400
ACT 30/36

Accepted: September 17th
Dwight Look College of Engineering
Major: Computer Science

@macyfidler @Madi5077 Blinn TEAM. Is considered an admit. PSA is considered a gentle rejection. As far as Blinn - not team, you are subject to regular transfer rules. The admission rep on TexAgs recommended that path if you want to be in BCS immediately and your major accepts a reasonable amount of transfers. Special education was an example of where he recommended talking to TAMU advisors to select courses and apply from straight Blinn. No advantage over transfer from other schools except you are living where you want to be.

Colleges will RARELY revoke their decision based on your final HS transcript. I mean, you send them the transcript at the end of the school year. If you get revoked, you don’t have a college to go to. You have to REALLY screw something up for them to do that, atleast that’s what I’ve been reading, since I’m not as motivated as I was last year, which is why my grades aren’t as good as before. But I’ll manage.

Profile changed on Howdy to where I can’t change my major, is this a good sign or bad?

How many tabs do you have? What happens when you click on manage applications?

Is BAC Team Blinn Team?

Did you apply for business?

@123vca still 2 tabs, everything else is normal/under review…

Hmm…Then I’m not sure if it means anything. Be patient!

Biology

Maybe it’s different in Texas, but Universities in the northeast (where I’m from) will rescind your admission in a heartbeat if your grades dip significantly your senior year. Our GCs keep us on our toes to prevent that from happening. So, maybe it’s different at A&M and it seems that it is (because they didn’t want my mid term grade report)… okay I’ll let it rest :slight_smile:

@Brew77g yes BAC=bachelors degree TEAM=Blinn Team

My son was business, and he also had BCA, but I can’t remember what it stands for. I thought something with his major choice. If you got Blinn Team, It should say TEAM.

Woohoo! D’s major changes in Howdy to BAC Team. Still says in review in AIS and only 2 tabs but we have our fingers crossed. It’s gonna be a sleepless night.

Sorry, I meant to type BAC. And TEAM also.

In one place it just says TEAM another place says BAC Team. She had chosen Biology as her major.

As far as senior grades, if you are PSA or Blinn, know that your duals are on your transferring transcripts. I know PSA specifically says that your GPA includes your dual classes’ grades from HS. I am told that A&M will not include in your A&M GPA but they will be part of your transcript if you apply to law school, medical school, nursing, grad school etc. So if you are going to let something slip, try to keep your duals decent.

Brew77g Congratulations!

TEAM is a general studies major. I believe you don’t get a specific major at A&M until you are accepted by that college / department / major to take classes full time on main campus.

Congrats! @Brew77g and to everyone else. I’m so excited to see all the Blinn TEAM admittees! yay!

I mentioned earlier that I emailed my department of my desired major (to the advisor I saw when I visited) and reported the news that I was admitted but concerned about getting offered TEAM and not my desired major. She told me that she works with so many TEAM students, and that I don’t need to worry about getting into my major later. Also, she mentioned that there are so many students that are TEAM candidates that always do so well, and it’s never been an issue to transition to the department.

She was so encouraging and told me that TEAM was such an excellent program that if I was willing to put in the work, being in the program wasn’t going to hold me back. Just thought I’d share…