Class of 2020- Admission Status

My change major on howdy just disappeared. Please tell me I didn’t get PSA.

My son has been admitted to general engineering since Nov. 6 and I have never seen his major on Howdy. I am looking right now and it is nowhere to be found. His name is at the top but no major listed. AIS shows his major.

niccidoe- YES! All true! and you will be getting the official “I’M GOING TO BE AN AGGIE!” banner too with your acceptance letter. Congratulations!!

I’m crossing my fingers that you get TEAM @TrumpetMel

I can’t wait to get the Aggie banner!!! Maybe that’s why some passed on TEAM … they thought they’d get a Blinn banner :slight_smile:

Gosh this is terrible. I’m seriously freaking out so hard… I can’t imagine not getting Blinn Team or full acceptance. I’ve wanted this since I was 6

The waiting is absolute torture! I wish there was a way to measure desire to be an Aggie and factor that in somehow. It’s so tough watching people get admitted who don’t care one way or the other. Hoping we both get surprising good news @TrumpetMel

Oh my same!! I would be an automatic admit!! @AgME89

My nephew’s Howdy hasn’t changed one bit. He applied for engineering, but I’m still praying and keeping the faith.

@AgME89 its not about not caring one way or another - it’s caring too much. There is more to life than being an Aggie - A&M is a good college and from my research I am already convinced it is a good program and my son is both proud and relieved to have been chosen. The bottom line is the major - if this is not confirmed or guaranteed then it I can’t see the point of going to a school just because its A&M. Some may have wanted to be an aggie since they were 6 - and I respect that, but my son wants to be a conservation biologist and whether its maroon, orange or the next best colour, it is the degree that is important to him. I am happy for anyone getting into Blinn TEAM - it is a real accomplishment and it is something to be proud of. Gig’em :slight_smile:

It’s probably best to speak to an advisor if anyone has any concerns regarding Blinn Team and their desired major. This forum can help answer many questions, and is a great support system, but there are some issues that can only be answered by official A&M advisors. I hope nobody here makes a decision without referring to the most qualified advisors.

@concernednoncitizen Not being from Texas myself, I applied for the major, not the University (although my dad’s an Aggie so I had some influence but never listened to his stories about bonfires and yelling). So I understand the importance of going for what you’ll be studying… I chose A&M for my major too, but fortunately I’ll get to study it and I’ll just go there because it is, afterall, Texas A&M!

@niccidoe I’m definitely going to call the admissions after tonight’s update, good luck to
everyone!

@LoveAM Good luck tonight! Go TEAM!!

Wishing everyone the best… In status updates, housing, transition plans and great access to advisors to figure out your dreams. Hopefully there is still some good news in the Thursday night update.

Unable to log into AIS… Here we go…

@mckinley04 and others my friend applied for biology and recieved his rejection letter either today or yesterday

Is anyone else’s AIS going in and out? Like I’ve gone through being unable to log in twice and once it fixes itself nothing has changed,

Did anyone get anything? I’m still under review LOL.

Still review omg