Class of 2020- Admission Status

submitted app on Apply Texas 8/7
got admission into Mays 9/17 @helicopter8

Submitted application 8/1 (Acad. Admit.), admission 9/17. @helicopter8

Submitted app 9/11, admission 9/17 - auto admit @helicopter8

S Submitted 8/2, accepted 9/17 auto admit.

I think anyone who submitted before 9/11 or so got in on 9/17. 9-17 was the first group based on tweets from A&M.

Any review/holistic applications that got accepted yet? Just wondering. So nervous about my decision.
Applied Aug 18th for Engineering.
Does anyone know if you can get auto admit by meeting the requirement from the Oct. 24th ACT?

@abcd55985dhd From what I understand, most review applications will hear after Dec. 1st, unless you are very close to being an automatic admit. Also, from what I understand, you can continue to submit ACT/SAT until Dec. 1st and if they are high enough, you could change to the automatic admit category. I would be very hesitant about relying on those scores to get posted and sent in time though.

Hey all, first time poster here.
So I just applied to TAMU’s College of Engineering via ApplyTexas. I should be an Academic Admit because of my ACT score and class rank. I believe my stats are good enough to be admitted to the COE. I submitted the ApplyTexas application last night (9/27), and am waiting to receive the UIN. However, my main concern is the timing. Since the COE fills to 85% on rolling admissions, I’ve heard it fills quite quickly. About how long does it take to receive a UIN after clicking “Submit”?. Although there is no published date or numbers, do you think I will make it in time? Transcript, ACT, Class Rank, and Payment are all sent.

Thanks!

@HammerJack Wecome! If you read the first few entries of this thread, you’ll see a UIN can arrive within 3 days or up to two weeks. Ours arrived within 6 days. Reading threads from last year (use the search function!) it looks like anything in late October starts to get real dicey. I did see a Nov. 4 go thru, so you still have some time, unless this year is unusually heavy.

Your UIN number is not a ‘place holder’ it is the completed files that get the next available ‘slot’ for each major.

@abcd55985dhd Some more info…The results of the ACT for October 24 won’t be available until November 10 through December 28, 2015. Seeing that A&M requires the writing (I believe), the earliest you can probably hope for is a Nov 24th release of scores. Not sure if A&M will accept scores after Dec. 1st or not. Good luck to you!

@HammerJack FYI…we applied on 9/16 via ApplyTexas and got acknowledgement and UIN on 9/18.

Yikes! thank though

Dec 1st! So far away. So anxious. Thank you so much @CollegeMama987

In the past they have accepted those scores - they even extended the date for the scores to be submitted one year when they were extra slow coming into A&M. They only affect you positively here (lower scores are ignored) so direct submit vs. waiting to see what you scored & then deciding.

Does anyone know when the next batch of acceptance letters is going to be sent?

My D just got accepted today. in-state auto admit, Mays business School. Applied on Sep21. Admitted Sep29. There is no email. Only shows on web this morning saying "You’ve Been Admitted! "

Now we wait…all materials have been received.
Review Admit: School of Vet Med/Biomedical Sciences
Class Rank: 3/224
GPA : 3.97 uw / 4.27 w
SAT (700 Math, 550 CR)
Out of State
Oh, so close to automatic…trying SAT one more time this weekend!
I’m guessing it will be a long, long, wait but hoping for the best as this is my D’s first choice.
If any reviews get in in the next few months, please let us know!

Hey all,
My UIN was sent this morning (2.5 day wait period, sounds pretty fast!), and I created the AIS account. However, I don’t see where I can view the “Completed Files” and the items that need to be uploaded/sent. Do I just have to wait a bit longer for TAMU to process everything?

@hammerjack If you log into Texas A&M AIS (Not Howdy), the first tab should be your application status. There are other tabs for documents uploaded etc. Maybe it just takes some time.

I got ACCEPTED to Engineering !!
Only took me 2 weeks after I completed my application.