Class of 2020 - Scholarships

Has anyone else received a preliminary scholarship letter? Aside from the Presendential and NMF offers, our son was offered a generous ChemE Department scholarship. He was very excited. His hard work over the years is starting to pay off and we are very proud of him.

@psywar did your son do anything for that scholarship?

He applied and was accepted for Chemical Engineering. He filled out the TAMU honors application and applied for any scholarship that was part of the ApplyTexas application. Other than that he is a high stat NMSF.

@psywar is your son an incoming freshman?

@ba7091 yes he will be. Currently, he is a senior in high school and will attend a college in 2016.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to receive the Presidents, Lechner, or McFadden scholarships as an out of state student? I was an automatic admit, ACT composite is 31 with a 30 in math and 35 in English. Do I have a chance for one of the above scholarships? The OOS tuition waiver would be extremely helpful. Also, when do people usually hear back about scholarships? I was accepted September 18 into Mays.

@psywar I thought all students were admitted to general engineering? Don’t they then apply to their specific major in February? I was surprised to see you say your son was already accepted into Chemical.

@ba7091 You are correct and I should clairify he was accepted as “General Engineering (Chemical)” but he did receive his scholarship offer from the Artie McFerrin Department of Chemical Engineering.