Class of 2021 - Admitted Students Questions

The Corps is also a friendship circle, they do many things together - it is a very different experience. There are many engineering majors within the corps & GPA is of renewed focus with the current commandant. It is my understanding that tutoring is provided for Corps members & mandatory study times. For those looking to serve post graduation, technical degrees are the most desired, so engineering is very popular . I’d seek advice directly from the Corps regarding scheduling & commitments. Regarding time management, you will pretty much have your time managed for you. Some Corps members have figured out ways to create more time on their own - there are ‘tricks to the trade’. Here’s a link to a Corps website http://corps.tamu.edu/fightin-texas-aggie-band/ Since my son opted not to be a member of the Corps (mostly due to being a military brat), I can’t speak first hand regarding the experience. One of his best friends was in the Corps, and he had many in his various courses to include his honors group.

Howdy guys!
How long does it typically take for the Bacterial Men. shot record to be processed to AIS? I uploaded my document on Saturday, so maybe within this week? Not sure!

@Bree98 give it a few weekdays. Do keep checking it to make sure it uploads.

@Bree98 There is a message right now at the top of AIS that says the following.

“Happy 2017! During this time of year, we receive thousands of documents daily. Please allow a minimum of 14 business days for processing to be completed on your submitted documents.”

Now that the push for admissions is close to complete I bet things will start moving quicker but you have it uploaded plenty early. My son still has to get his shot and won’t do so until his Dr appt which is in March.

@TxSker good info!
I know for my son, he didn’t get his shot until May before his NSC in mid June. Went to a CVS mini clinic. It is good to have things done early though.
Also, before move in, see if the current 4 way flu shot is available. Last year, the flu went through the kids during Rush week.

Does anyone know what time NSC typically starts? I’m trying to decide whether we should go to CS the night before or drive in the morning of the day it starts.

I just found this on the FAQ which answers my own question and may answer someone else’s:

When selecting your conference, please keep in mind that check-in will begin early in the morning on Day 1, requiring all NSC attendees to arrive on campus and check in by 9:30 a.m. Be prepared to stay until 6 p.m. on Day 2, if necessary, to complete course registration. Additionally, we encourage you to arrive on the day prior to your New Student Conference, what we refer to as the Pre-Conference Day. For example, if you are registered for the June 6–7 conference, your Pre-Conference Day will take place on June 5. The Pre-Conference Day, while optional, is a great time to check in at the conference early, get settled, take care of items on your NSC Checklist, and attend supplemental programming. Pre-Conference Day check-in takes place in the afternoon (refer to NSC Schedule for exact times.)

@kaydeeloo We have reservations for the night before.

@kaydeeloo we are driving in from Memphis so we’re gonna get there much earlier anyway and stay with our in-laws. They live on Rosemary, just minutes from campus. :slight_smile:

I HIGHLY recommend pre-conference day. So many great opportunites. Go to the Student Memorial Center and try on the Aggie ring (so many photo ops with Aggie signs and stuff, your kid’s eyeballs will be stuck in the back of their head).
We had our Aggie stay in the dorm housing over night while we stayed in the hotel.

I wish I could see my son’s howdy portal to tell you how to find it but I think it is under “My Schedule” or something like that. The classes are listed there and they can learn how to look up their classes before they go to NSC and make schedules using the free schedule builder. Your mass advising session right before lunch will go over how to find CNR numbers etc and how to read classes then give you an 1.5 hours during lunch to practice. The free schedule builder is http://freecollegeschedulemaker.com/

Make a couple of them so you can see what the day will look like. Use Ratemyprofessors.com as well. Make a couple of options. One class my son had on his premade schedule he did the night before registration was closed by his registration time. But he had a back up class at the same time, same days with a second choice prof.

all great advice… Thanks @Thelma2. I did go ahead and book two nights so we can do the Pre-Conf day. We booked a two bedroom apt at White Creek Apts.

@kaydeeloo Are families able to book White Creek Apts? What is the cost and where did you find that info?

Yes, $75/night. I found it in the housing portal under NSC overnight accommodations. You get the choice of a dorm or WC Apts.