Class of 2021 EA Decisions

Accepted
Major: Economics
GPA uw: 3.92/ 4.64 w
ACT: 34
Deans Scholarship 20k
I really like Scranton but would have like a little more money. I’m not ruling it out as it is a great school, but was expecting a little more.

A little late to the party…lol

D was accepted into OT program!
4.0 GPA (UW) / 5.8 GPA (W)
SAT: 1400 (OLD) / 1470 (NEW-Superscored)
Lots of honors, 6 APs (AP Scholar)
Really strong/unique ECs (Ballerina, free-lance photographer, RYT 200 yoga teaching cert)
Good essay and recommendations
Deans Scholarship 23k

D is deciding between Scranton and Ithaca (President’s Scholarship)…we have our fingers crossed for Scranton’s Presidential Scholarship…that would make our decision much easier!:slight_smile:

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted to this great school!!!

Chemistry
Unweighted GPA: 92
ACT 34
9 honors, 4 APs
Deans scholarship 19k
Accepted to the honors program

I liked scranton but its too expensive even with aid

D was accepted Computer Science
WGPA: 100.4
SAT:1410
4 APs 13 honors
Dean’s Scholarship: $20K

invited to apply to honors, but Scranton is also much too expensive for us even with the aid

IM so LATE

Accepted:
Environmental Science
UW: 3.9/4
W:4.47/5.3
SAT:1350
ACT:29

23k Dean’s Scholarship
Also accepted into Jesuit’s Honors Program

Has Scranton come back to anyone with increased merit awards/financial aid after initial award?

@tpcrd66 I’m not sure they would do this. Best best would be for you to write a letter appealing the award amount… Scranton is a good school but too expensive, imho.

Accepted = Biochemistry
WGPA = 4.2
SAT = 1950 (2400)
ACT = 29
5 AP’s

19k Dean’s Scholarship
Accepted into SJLA Honors Program

My brother is a junior at Scranton and they did increase his merit aid when he called and explained that Scranton was his top choice. I think he ended up with an 8k scholarship at the end of the day. My cousin is a high school senior and did not receive merit aid, just need-based financial aid. He also inquired about merit aid but was told he was ineligible because of his grades and scores.

Scranton is a good school but is definitely too expensive (I say this as a recent Scranton grad).

For anyone who decides to go and was invited to the SJLA honors program- do it! I was in it and it was the best decision I made in college. It’s worth starting out in it, at the very least, because freshman SJLA classes cover core requirements that all students have to complete, only you get classes with some of the best professors on campus and you have a built-in community to make friends. A decent number of students do decide that the program isn’t for them (because of conflicts with their major or other reasons), but it was a great way to get to know fellow freshmen as well as upperclassmen.