Class of 2021 National Merit Thread

…and yes, my DS21 is on the list! :smiley:

Congratulations to him @sherimba03 !

@Suave123 Thank you, that is good to know! Just to confirm, by CA you mean Common App, not California?

@amsunshine @MomofOne Thank you for suggestion to call - our big high school (with a lot of semifinalists) takes a while so I was also able to call NMSC and get confirmation from them. (My D is in virtual class so I haven’t told her yet :).) The person on the phone was so nice and helpful and didn’t seem at all put out by the call. She also told me that our school hasn’t even logged in yet and my D won’t get her log in until they do that.

Congratulations @smiles2122! Mine is in Virtual school as well. She also found the NMSC people really nice and helpful.

My daughter’s school is brand new. Class of 2020 is the first class to graduate and class of 2021 will be the first class to have gone through all 4 years in the school. So, a lot of local news outlets did not include the semifinalists from her school in their publications last year. And this year they simply did not bother to publish yet :neutral:

Also Iowa here… my son’s school gave him the letter and notified us, but has not announced it yet, and I haven’t seen anything in media either. If you find an Iowa list, please share… I keep looking, too!

Constantly searching about Chicago, IL, but I can’t find anything. I just want to verify that I got it :neutral:

Thanks @sherimba03 , my S21’s name is on the list too! Congrats to everyone!

@smiles2122 Yes, by CA I meant common app :slight_smile: Congrats to your kiddo!

Congratulations to all the semifinalists and all the best.

Congrats to all. My S21 also made it. She had a question … she wanted to know what the numbers before the student’s name meant on the state lists of semi-finalists. Anyone know?

@socowonder same thoght I had too, what that meant…

Could it be the major that they indicated in the questionnaire when registering for PSAT ?

https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/pdf/sat-domestic-code-list.pdf

See page 31 in the PDF

My S21’s code is 000 and I don’t find this in the 31st page…wondering what it is ?

The number before the name is the major your child selected when he/she took the PSAT.

Yes it is the major that they chose while taking psat as I verified with my D19. But still couldn’t figure out what my S21’s 000 indicates…My guess , they left that field blank while answering :slight_smile:

My daughter said that she did not fill in the college major because it was optional. Maybe yours did the same? I’am guessing here, because I have yet to see my daughter’s name in print :(.

High five ?

Found this site, but no Iowa data yet.
https://www.reddit.com/r/psat/comments/ipmq79/lists_of_semifinalists_by_state/

Oh wait, our principal is tweeting right now… she made it! :slight_smile:

Congratulations to all the NMSF!

Link doesn’t work… can you re-post?

Looking for Texas NMS list. Couldn’t find any.