Class of 2021 National Merit Thread

Thanks so much for the reply! UTD is definitely of interest due to that scholarship, but it is far from home. Need to see final aid offers…time to wait (some more).

1 Like

Just linking the Computing Scholars program here for UTD if it’s of any interest: The Computing Scholars Honor Program (utdallas.edu)

have u considered uf?

Hahahaha that is cute! Poor dog.

1 Like

I have been impressed with everything I have found out about UTD so far.

2 Likes

Also from VT and heard from the school today. My son didn’t want to go beyond driving distance, which severely limits the NMF scholarships, but he’s got a full ride to UMaine so far. Engineering.

5 Likes

D gave the CS2 math test last month. Any idea when she will hear back? The last test is scheduled in March. We are thinking late March. She would love to find out sooner :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t really know about the timing but you should email them!

Informed delivery says that a letter from NM is coming. Now, I am nervous. It can’t be the Finalist one this soon. Can it be the not a finalist one? Oh no!!!

4 Likes

My daughter’s GC at school confirmed finalist yesterday.
We have a letter coming in the mail today too (informed delivery).
(We’re in NC)

4 Likes

Thank you! That lowered my anxiety.

1 Like

MomofboysFL it has to be the good news letter I’m sure. I signed up for Informed Delivery last night. GL to all!

2 Likes

I think the “no” letters were sent weeks ago! I think you are in good shape!!

2 Likes

My S21 got the “yes” letter yesterday in Minnesota (not far from sending address in IL).

4 Likes

My grade had 40 nmsf this year and they still haven’t got back to me or our school yet regarding finalist status.

2 Likes

40?! That’s insane. Great for your school!

1 Like

Informed digest listed it as coming today for daughter too!

6 Likes

Son just got his letter today…we are in North Carolina!

10 Likes

Informed delivery NMF letter arriving today. We are in southern CA.

I wasn’t too worried since we didn’t receive a “sorry” letter in January.

Congrats to all the finalists!

5 Likes

Lucky! Nothing in informed delivery for us today - maybe tomorrow.

4 Likes