Class of 2021 National Merit Thread

Can I ask how much the NM scholarship is at northeastern?

If we designate NU as #1 college choice in the NMSC portal (I’m not sure where exactly, my teen handles it) by April 1st, they’ll give $5,000/yr in addition to the NU Honors merit scholarship that they’ve already offered.

1 Like

5k will be added with what you have now

Do you mind sharing what you originally got? it is just good to track NEU’s practice with NMF scholarships. Years ago, it was full tuition, then half, then up to $30,000 now they just say competitive amount. I imagine now it varies with everyone.
Congrats on the award! NEU is an awesome school.

My daughter got 30k

2 Likes

@jack2021 - that is great. Is that $30 plus the $5 for NMF or a total amount. I I imagine a total of $35kin merit might be there tops unless someone has other needs too. Thanks for sharing - just nice for future folks to know their patterns. Congrats! Will your D attend?

Any updates about NU?

Nope!

Do you know when is the deadline for choosing USC as NMF first choice school ? I have Northeastern as my first choice as of now but would like to change that to USC if I get the admission. Any advice is appreciated. I have been selected for corporate scholarship if that matters.

May 31 is the USC deadline. See here: https://admissionblog.usc.edu/2021/02/12/i-wasnt-named-a-scholarship-finalist-now-what/

1 Like

But I believe NEU already released the decisions. If you got in at NEU, will you be able to switch to USC now? If you didn’t, then I’m sure you can change your first-choice college at NMSC portal.

I am admitted to NEU and waiting to hear from USC.

Did you also get awarded at NEU for NMF?

I received Honors scholarship from NEU but nothing extra since NMF. Emailed the admissions counselor but haven’t heard anything back. Wondering when I can expect to hear back.

Did anyone receive notification for ‘National merit scholarship winner’?

If you are referring to the NMSC $2500 scholarships, notifications about those are scheduled to be sent out on March 25.

eta: whoops! Sorry, this was meant as a reply to @epichello

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Has anyone taken the CS2 honors entrance exam at UTD with Dr. Page? My son is thinking of taking it. How is the test administered? Is it live over Zoom? How soon does Dr. Page communicate the result? Thanks in advance.

Yes. Dr. Page will set up a time where he will send the test to your son and there is a time limit within which your son needs to send it back. No Zoom administration, just timed testing. Make sure your son is clear about the time zone! I believe Dr. Page got back to my daughter within a week or so, so fairly quickly.

Thanks! I hope my son chooses to do it. Will verify the time zone in that case. I am sure your daughter must have passed the test. UTD CS2 is a great option for NMFs.

1 Like