Class of 2021 National Merit Thread

Students get notified via email. There was probably a letter as well later on. Last year’s emails came out on Thursday, Mar 26.

You may want to check your Spam folders. I recall a couple of emails from NMSC that ended up in Spam.

1 Like

No email yet.

I went back and checked the time. The notification email came in the afternoon (4:30 EDT). I believe only those who received the scholarship were notified.

2 Likes

I didn’t get an email yet but I just checked my osa portal and the scholarship offer was there

3 Likes

Did you check it now? Congrats by the way !!!

Deleted

yayy, i got a scholarship from national merit themselves! congats to everyone else, looks like they posted to portals

8 Likes

I got one, too! At least, I think mine was from National Merit itself. It says “$2500 National Merit Scholarship underwritten by XXX Charitable Trust.” Does yours look like that?

7 Likes

where should i check it?

I got an email, and I also had a notification in my portal.

2 Likes

Congratulations to those who received the awards today!!

3 Likes

same portal where you applied

mine doesn’t have anything about a trust just says National Merit Scholarship Corporation but I assume they’re the same thing

1 Like

My son checked his portal, it says letters are mailed today, does it mean anything? Like he got the award or not?

my daughter has the $2500 scholarship announcement in her portal

2 Likes

I only see that “your completed application was submitted on XXX date”. Does this mean that i didnt get it?

like @confusedjunior61 - my son only shows that his completed application was submitted, but
no other information at all. Those that got scholarships, where was that info on the portal. My son’s portal just shows Main Menu with:

1. Read the Competition Instructions carefully.

Click here for competition instructions and deadlines

1. Complete your Online Scholarship Application.

You submitted your portion of the application on 09/30/20.

Your completed application was transmitted to NMSC on 10/05/20.

1. Maintain your personal information after your application is transmitted to NMSC.

Thinking that means no scholarship. :frowning:

@jojonc Sorry to hear that. If scholarship awarded, you can see number 4 in the menu. Thanks.

@RG1972 Thanks for that info! Good to know. :slight_smile:

I believe it should show an item #4 detailing scholarship information if your son received it.