Class of 2022 National Merit Discussion - Scores Release

I wouldn’t read into this at all. S22 didn’t receive mail from Oklahoma or at least not today or this weekend, and he is a NMSF in NY.

4 Likes

That at least makes me cautiously optimistic for now.

Art has posted his first confirmation, so maybe it won’t be that long, at least for the larger states.

Florida at 217. One point higher that my thought that most states would be 2 up from the low end of his range.

2 Likes

where did he post it?
edit: found it

3 Likes

I wouldn’t make that assumption. Who knows which kids are targeted.

Thanks for posting this. If correct then S22 can celebrate. We are in TN and he scored a 215.

5 Likes

Well, I hope Art Sawyer is reliable enough for my D22 in FL (SI 220) to celebrate:)

4 Likes

“Stunned” would be an understatement if an Art Sawyer “extremely reliable source” about NMS data turned out to be wrong.

4 Likes

Any info about CO?

1 Like

Do they mention confirming score?

1 Like

Yes, they are required.

Direct quote from the rules:

To become a Finalist, you must confirm your PSAT/NMSQT performance with scores from the SAT or ACT.

Only scores earned on administrations of the SAT or ACT from August 2019 through December 2021 will be considered by NMSC. NMSC will not accept scores from a test administration taken earlier than August 2019 or later than December 2021.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

What confirming score would an Alternate Entry applicant submit if the SAT was already used to qualify for NMSF?

Besides the one mention of Ca have you heard any other reports confirming at least 220?

I’m also waiting for cut off for CO. Hopefully we hear about it soon!

3 Likes

anything from Missouri? D22 has a 215

Alt Entry doesn’t require a confirming score.

3 Likes

What is alt entry and how do you do it?

Kids who are not able to take the PSAT on any of the offered dates can apply for alternate entry and submit an SAT score instead. This year, I think they allowed anyone to do that. Most years, the reason has to be approved.

2 Likes