Class of 2022 National Merit Discussion - Scores Release

It might depend on which test they took. January or October

I got the letter from OU months ago, I have a 215 selection index in Alabama. Was this the letter about the $121,500 scholarship they may qualify

3 Likes

My S22 received one of the OU letters but it wasn’t clear that it meant that he was actually a semifinalist. He is IL with a 220.

4 Likes

Shouldn’t matter for index.

should all semifinalists receive the OU letter? im from nj and havent gotten anything

I don’t think I got one lol might have missed it since my inbox gets spammed with college emails because I accidently checked some stupid box. I did get one from the University of Southern Florida about something related to being a possible semifinalist. tbh I wouldn’t worry if you didn’t get an email imo if your index is 2-3 points above last years cutoff or higher than NJ’s record cutoff you should be relatively safe

1 Like

ahh ty. im at 223 and cutoffs for any state have never been higher. nj was at 223 for 220, 2019 and some past years but it was 222 last year so im a bit worried

same I got a 223 in WA but nobody on the internet knows a potential cutoff :confused: highest for my state was a 222 a few years back and was a 220 last year, I’m fairly confident cutoffs will not go to 224 for any state based off what people have said but idk

Yep, my counselor let me know

1 Like

Still nothing but I’ll let you know. My D22 had a 215.

Also waiting for Washington and REALLY hoping for 220 again. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

What non-home-schoolers have been notified directly? These confirmation requests are sent to principals, which include homeschool parents. Principals then notify students, though they’re not supposed to do so until Sept. 14.

1 Like

Principals were notified of students that met the cutoff and were asked to confirm their eligibility information so it could be announced later. Just like the current SF requests - Principals need to go to a specific NM site and confirm student eligibility.

I suppose it was up to the principals to decide whether to ignore NMC’s directions to not notify students of their status. It was not a “you can let them know if you want to”. They were specifically told not to.

1 Like

If the school director or principal doesn’t confirm the eligibility, the student doesn’t qualify for the commended or sf list? My D22 is considered “Americans Abroad” and when I called the school director a couple of days ago, he was clueless. Should I contact the NMSC?

1 Like

Just came across a couple of mentions (on Reddit, I think) that implied that. But I might have misunderstood.

Same in FL with SI 220 - no letter from OU and school is silent:(

Our principal is mean: “ We are not saying anything to anyone until after the embargo on 9/15.”

Principals are allowed and encouraged to share the information with the students and their families, but ONLY with the students and their families. That way the students may immediately start working on the application.

It’s all stated in the principal letter
“Except for Semifinalist and their families, this information is confidential until Wed, Sept 15”

5 Likes

For homeschool principals who have shared the info with their students - can you please share the essay prompt?

3 Likes

No word yet in Louisiana, but our entire city is evacuated from Ida and power may not be restored for weeks. So not holding our breath. School college counselor was in touch with S22 on other matters yesterday (rescheduling Sept ACT to another city, sigh
). But I don’t think the school is even getting any mail service right now.

2 Likes