Class of 2022 National Merit Discussion - Scores Release

Florida was confirmed to be 217, you made it!

2 Likes

Thank you, I hope so. However no word from school and nothing changed in our college correspondence, will find out in 2 weeks for sure

We didn’t receive a letter from OU either, but I know my kid has the score for NMSF. I wouldn’t worry about the OU letter.

1 Like

“describe an experience you have had, a person who has influenced you, or an obstacle you have overcome. Explain why this is meaningful to you”

The limit is similar to the common app, just make sure to preview the essay. S22 had to change the formatting a bit (erase empty lines between paragraphs) but didn’t have to cut any words.

The common advice is use your common app essay and don’t worry much about the prompt. They don’t want you to write yet another essay.

6 Likes

Thank you.

Is there a word count for the essay?

They say there is a character count, but in reality, it’s simply one page of text.

1 Like

To confirm, NMSC would have no access to a students common app essay
 so that using the same essay would be a good idea so long as the topic was on point?

Very helpful, thank you!

1 Like

That’s correct. S20 did that and so will S22.

2 Likes

Great question, thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you so much. Very helpful!!!

1 Like

Thank you!!!

1 Like

I saw someone respond on another website that they made it with a 221 in NJ. I think it was on reddit.

California- 220 did not make it.

1 Like

Made it in MD! Notified by principal with SI of 224 (1560 SAT). Had to apply through AE b/c of cancellations. Good luck to the rest!

5 Likes

thank you!

Np121212

Congratulations!!!
Maryland cutoff is 224?

This means it not higher than 224

1 Like

No, my SI was 224, so the cutoff cannot be above 224. I don’t have anything to base this off of, but I suspect the cutoff with drop from last years’ which was 221, (although MD has gotten up to 223).