Class of 2022 National Merit Discussion - Scores Release

Thank you!!

Do you or your spouse work for the corporation that awarded your son the scholarship? Congratulations to him!!!

Thank you!! My husband does :blush:

Interesting.it will be interesting to see. I know many of my older D’s friends at Northeastern had full tuition in NMF from their states and she had much higher test scores, but we’re in CA so it was harder to qualify. Always seemed odd that it was a National program but based on states

Congratulations !!
DH’s company was a corporate sponsor till last year. Son’s top picks do not award any scholarships for NMF, so I don’t think we are getting any scholarships based on the NMF status.

1 Like

Thank you!! Bummer that your son will miss the scholarship by one year.
Son is waiting to hear from his last school to make a decision, and he also may end up at a school that doesn’t award any scholarships for NMF.

1 Like

My child also got a corporate sponsored NM scholarship, and we had no idea what the corporation was. Neither of us work for, nor ever heard of it before. We were surprised, but NMSC website states:

“Corporate sponsors may offer scholarships for children of their employees, residents of plant communities or other geographic areas, or students planning specified careers or college majors. All candidates must meet NMSC’s standards for the competition and the sponsor’s eligibility criteria.”

5 Likes

Congrats to your child! I’m not expecting anything corporate-wise for my son but it is encouraging to hear that someone who isn’t the child of a sponsoring company did get awarded. My biggest fear is that we will miss a deadline to accept or somehow misinterpret the rules of NMSC. The waiting is the hardest part, to quote TP. : )

4 Likes

Did anyone get notifications about the $2500 merit scholarship? It’s supposed to be out today.

2 Likes

Not sure about last year, but 2 years ago it came in the late afternoon.

2 Likes

Are notifications made via a portal or direct email?

1 Like

2 years ago it was via email. Since the email included instructions on accessing the portal, I assume it will be via email again.

I believe this year’s corporate scholarships came via email too.

Previous year, they said it can also be seen in the portal, if you have #4 item.

Great - thanks! And are only students notified, or parents too?

Only students. I searched my inbox and only found a forwarded email from S20.

It’s there on the portal now! My son got it!

6 Likes

My D22, too!!! Totally unexpected.

5 Likes

And by “portal” are we talking about this site where we registered originally? https://osa.nationalmerit.org/applicant/applicanthomePage.html
Or is there another place?

Congratulations!

Yes

1 Like