Class of 2022 - Nepal

So, is that it? A few students get in and that’s inspirational to you? Which one is better? 100 students getting into 100 schools or 20 students getting into 100 schools?

Sure, many students got into great colleges and that is indeed inspirational. But again, this year a lot less students got in compared to last year despite applying to a f***ton of colleges. I am one of those. I applied to 21 colleges and only got into the safeties (which didn’t give me enough aid BTW) and I am now taking a second gap year.
Both of you are correct. That’s my say. So can we stop arguing over a mere unimportant topic and share where y’all are going this fall?

EA/ED
Beloit College: RBS (1)
Bowdoin College: RBS (1)
Bryn Mawr College: RBS(1)
Bucknell University: RBS (1)
Connecticut College : Ullens (1)
Cornell University: RBS(1)
Jacobs University Bremen: RBS(1) RBS (1
)
Knox College: RBS(1)
Lehigh University: Trinity (1)
Lafayette College: CCRC (1)
NYUAD - RBS (1)
NYU Shanghai : RBS (3)
Princeton University: RBS/UWC (1)
Reed College: BNKS (2)
Tufts University : RBS(1)
University of Rochester: RBS(1) SXC (1)
Vanderbilt University: RBS (1)
Vassar College: RBS (1)

EA2/ED2
Washington and Lee University: RBS(1)
Bryn Mawr College: SXC-OF(1)
Dickinson College: RBS (2)
Mount Holyoke College: RBS (2)
Union College: RBS (1)
NYU NY: GIHE (2)
NYU AD: GBS(1)
Jacobs University: SXJ(1)
Vanderbilt University: RBS(1)
Gettysburg College: RBS(1)

RD
Amherst College : Trinity (1%)
Luther College: SXC(1)
Purdue University: SXJ(1)
Beloit College: SXC(1)
Wabash college: SXJ(1) GIHE(2)Trinity(1)
Mercer University: GIHE(1)
Rochester Institute of Technology: GIHE (2)
Soka University of America: King’s College(1) SXC/OF (1) SXJ/OF (1)
Bard College Berlin: RBS(1)
Columbia University: SXC/OF(1#)
Caltech: SXC/OF(1#)
MIT: GGIC/OF(1)
Williams College: GBS/OF (1^), Trinity/OF (1÷)
Knox College: Trinity(1+)
Swarthmore: GBS/OF (1^)
Franklin and Marshall College: BNKS(1%) Ullens(1)
Grinnell College: BNKS(1%) RBS(1)
Jacobs: SXC(1) RBS(1) SXC/OF(1)
Clark University: SXC(1)
Trinity College: RBS (1$)
Bard College: RBS (1$)
Bates College: SXC(1)
Kenyon College: BNKS(1)
Bennington College: RBS(2) King’s College(1*)
University of Rochester: GBS/OF (1^) SXC/OF (1#) , Trinity(1%)
Yale-NUS College: RBS(1
) RBS(1>) SXC(1) GIHE (1)
Mount Holyoke College: Ullens(1)
Bryn Mawr College: RBS(1>)
University of Pennsylvania: SXC/OF (1#)
Princeton University: SXC/OF (1#)
Stony Brook university: Trinity (1+)
Dartmouth College: GBS/OF(1^)
Harvard University: GBS/OF(1^) GBS (1)
Brandeis University: Trinity/OF (1÷)
NYU: Trinity(1%)
Northwestern University- Qatar: GIHE (1) SXC(1)
Duke University: Trinity/OF (1÷)
Stanford: Liverpool/OF, Trinity/OF

I respect your opinion, but I find it more inspirational when a single person from country like ours gets into 4-5 elite college in whole world than the proper distribution of acceptances among students. idc… if those acceptances hindered our chances, but it sure is inspiring to hear that.

Did any of you apply to CMU-Qatar? Is it worth attending considering the fact that it is in Qatar?

Ullens too has 3 acceptances
Bowdoin, Pitzer (1)
Franklin and Marshall
NYUAD

what happened to bnks students this time? I heard this year’s results were excellent.

a-level results*

Guyz, Mr. V from Ullens has instructed us not to post our acceptances in this group, but I find that unethical. So let it go.

Important: I had heard that over 50 students were accepted to University of Texas at Tyler with a full ride scholarship (apparently). So then, recently, a new update broke out: All accepted students with a score <1410 in SAT got their scholarships revoked (apparently, their sponsors backed out). Some of these students had already submitted their enrollment deposits, gotten their i20s and also some had appeared for Student Visa Interview. This is my request to all students who got their scholarships revoked to share their complete honest story. Suggest you to attach your acceptance letters (by blurring out your name and credentials) and all other documents you can upload. If this is true, we should at least try to inform other students and most importantly have actions against the college (after analyzing the situation). I do not see this being covered by any news media. It this is all true, dozens of students got their hoped and aspirations, time and money wasted with a scam of a university. Thank you!
If you know anyone please forward them this link.
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/nepal/2075434-ut-tyler-scholarship-revoked-p1.html?new=1

Are there any Nepalese in Carnegie Mellon university ??

I might attend CMU- Qatar. Why do you ask? Will you also be attending?

how is the aid in CMU-Qatar @willbeaccepted

It is good far better than its American counterparts. Incase the aid provided isn’t enough you can also take soft loan.

how much do you have to pay yearly? @willbeaccepted

Ullens does not have Bowdoin and Pitzer yet. You are correct about F&M and NYUAD, though.

Also, when can we expect to hear back from waitlists?

Noone in Carnegie Mellon university?

Has anyone received financial aid package from Howard University?

I had applied for the Opportunity Fund program by USEF but I have not got my result yet. Does USEF send mail to rejected applicants too?