Class of 2022 - PSA Admitted and timeline

My daughter completed required 24 (actually took 30, 3.733 GPA) hours at TAMU-CC, and got her transcripts sent in (05/16 for TAMU-CC and 05/17 for HS). It has been 3 weeks since they received her transcript, and she is still showing as Complete and In Review with all green check marks.

Has anyone else in PSA gotten admitted and been able to sign up for NSC? We are getting a little nervous, although she should be “guaranteed” admission, but if so what takes so long?

She signed the PSA for Entomology, which is not part of the PSA for the just graduated class of 2019 (2023 TAMU), so that adds to the nerves a bit. There are also only 2 more NSCs on the schedule for Transfer students in the College of Agriculture and Life Science and the last one we have a vacation scheduled, so if we are going to need to figure out something else sooner is better.

Any way the point of the post, have any other PSA students that went to TAMU-CC been admitted and started the process?

Transfer Type - PSA
College - Agriculture and Life Science
Major - Entomology
GPA - 3.733
Spring Grades received - 2019-05-16

I read somewhere that PSA students are last to be admitted. If that’s true, I think it sucks. These students are no less deserving than others, especially if they are dedicated enough to complete the 1 year requirements even after being rejected the first go around. My son is doing the PSA route, so I am a little bitter about the treatment. Lol

I had an older son who did the PSA and graduated from A&M in December of 2017. He got his “official admission” on June 3rd after he did his year at TAMU-CC. My second son just finished a PSA year at Tarleton and just got his “famous” 6 tabs on Howdy this morning so he should be “official” soon. He is also in the Agriculture and Life Sciences department. I understand your anxiety but I keep telling myself that this son is not too far off the timeline of the first son. A&M has to make room for each of these students that they have the PSA agreement with so I am trying to remain calm. Also, the PSA students will have different needs than first time freshmen so we are not really competing with the freshman for most resources. A&M did a wonderful job at my older son’s NSC 5 years ago so I am trying to trust the process. (That little bit of advice is as much for me as it is for y’all… ?) I’m trying to breathe…

Hey there! I did PSA at TAMUCC this year as well. I sent in my final transcript on May 14th and it didn’t show the green check mark until May 24th. That is when I had all the green check marks in AIS. I received my acceptance today into the college of engineering for nuclear engineering. As you mentioned, your daughter completed all the PSA requirements so there is no need to worry. I contacted Bill Coari yesterday asking him when the PSA students should expect to hear back because I too was getting a little nervous even though it was guaranteed, and he told me you should expect a response this week or next week.

Hope this helps!

@WWOODS1 : Congratulations on your daughter’s focus on the big picture and completing the PSA requirements. Her determination and strength of character will take her far in life. :slight_smile:

Can she contact the Department and explain about needing to attend a specific NSC? Seems like they would understand the issue. Hope it all works out quickly for y’all! Living the Aggie life in Aggieland is awesome! WHOOP! :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone for your responses. I guess mostly it is just anxious and frustration. If PSA students are guaranteed if they meet the requirements, it just seems like go through those first to see how many spots may be left for others. Seems odd to me that your wouldn’t knock the easy ones out of the way before going on to other transfers.

I am sure it will come through eventually. We already signed a lease, since she did everything that was required and turned everything in on time. I guess I need to feel that the guarantee is really a guarantee and there is nothing to worry about,

@ArrowGreen I remember you from the 2022 Cycle. WAY TO GO and Congratulations!!!

Still waiting, still trying to be patient.

My son was just made “official” yesterday. We called on Monday and they said that everything would be complete within “2 weeks.” My son almost passed out but I told him that I didn’t believe that it would be that long. Hang in there- it’s coming! It’s frustrating but you know that your student has done their part so it’s all a waiting game.

7 tabs are in this morning. Now we need for AIS to update so we can attempt to register for the July NSC.