Class of 2022

Anyone hear back yet?

I haven’t and I auditioned Nov 11.

EA academic admits will be notified by early March. Their admissions portal will be updated and an email will be sent, since EA academic admits may not still be regularly checking their admissions portal.

RD academic admits will find out their program admissions status via their admissions portal at the same time they find out about academic admissions status. Students admitted to the program may also receive an email. Usually mid to late March.

This is for freshman admissions. Transfers usually find out a bit later.

If I have something to add to my resume should I still send it? Or is it too late to do so if I am early action?

@4llth4tj4zz no need to send a resume update to the School of Theatre and Dance. :slight_smile:

@KatMT A parent on another chat told me her daughter who auditioned 2/10 got a no on her portal today. Is this possible?

@dontaskme1 – yes, if they were admitted academically EA. Portals are currently being updated with program admission decisions, and those admitted academically EA will be able to see their program admission decisions as soon as they are updated.

Once all EA program admission decisions are updated an email will be sent to EA academic admits to check their portals if they have not already done so.

Those in the RD pool will hear at the same time they hear of their academic admission decision.

@Katmt Okay thanks this totally makes sense! Happy to still see pending lol

My son’s portal is updated, letter posted is dated 3/14; it’s a no - not a surprise though as it was his first audition. Wishing good news for those of you waiting to hear!

No here also but an acceptance to the school. It’s okay, we could tell when we visited it was not the right place for her.

@KatMT What happens if you were waitlisted both academically and in program? Letter says something about having to reaudition ? Would that mean you’d have to attend JMU with to guarantee of admission?

@dontaskme1 – I think you are saying that you have been waitlisted both academically for JMU, and for the program, yes?

if you are eventually admitted academically off the JMU academic waitlist, and are not also admitted off of the program waitlist, you could come to JMU in another major, or undeclared. In that case you could re-audition for the programs once at JMU as a student, but there would be no guarantee that you would be admitted.

If you are eventually admitted academically off the academic waitlist, and we go to the program waitlist you could be admitted off the program waitlist. We can only consider those on the program waitlist who have been admitted academically to JMU, because a student cannot matriculate to JMU unless they have been admitted academically.

@KatMT How many are typically waitlisted? Asking for my guy friend.

@dontaskme1 We generally have 15 - 20 students who choose to remain on the waitlist for Musical Theatre.

Looking at the classes that entered between 2011 to 2017, most years 1 - 3 people were eventually accepted off the program waitlist, but it really depends. For the classes that entered in 2012 and 2016 no one was admitted off the waitlist.

We will be following up with admitted and waitlisted students who have also been admitted to the university academically this weekend through early next week.

@KatMT Does that mean waitlisted students will be getting their final responses back this weekend? Or is that just a notice to accept or decline a spot on the waitlist?

@4llth4tj4zz A notice to remind them to accept or decline their place on the waitlist.