OOS
3.9 UW
ACT 25
Application complete 9/12
Portal showed “accepted” 10/13
Downloaded acceptance letter is dated 10/12

I am in state
my application was sent in on August 2nd

still no answer, currently it says “Your application for admission to Michigan State University has been received and is awaiting review by an admissions counselor. Please refer to our dates and deadlines for your decision timeline.”

Next week will be the 12 week point so I hope to have an answer soon!

3.75 GPA and 1100 SAT score with lots of EC’s, do you think i’ll hear back soon? or get a positive answer?

My in-state S19 was accepted on Oct. 16.
4.0 UW, 1540 SAT, National Merit Semifinalist.
He is now waiting to hear from honors, apparently ~8 weeks according to website.
Congrats to all those accepted!

@MellsOfficial My eldest daughter also applied to MSU (2017). It seems like MSU accepts high ACT / SAT scorers with strong GPAs in this first wave.

It is very hard to wait! Try to relax a bit - I’m sure you’ll hear something in coming weeks.

@midwestmom9
My eldest daughter was also accepted to State in 2017. She was accepted on 10/4 and her Honors College acceptance came 11/11. So perhaps you’ll hear sooner than 8 weeks!

Accepted
In State/Out of State: OOS female
GPA: 4.1W
ACT/SAT: 32
Other Relevant Information: Acceptance was very quick turnaround - maybe two weeks at most? Major - mechanical engineering. Go, GREEN!

@MellsOfficial have you been given a decision yet?

No I havent. I emailed and they said that the amount of time you wait has no reflection of the decision that will be made.there is a representative coming to my school tomorrow so I’m going to ask again. I havent seen anyone from upper Michigan get in yet, have you?

@MellsOfficial It took a couple weeks for our acceptance compared to others - not sure why? Hang in there!

Accepted or Denied: ACCEPTED

In State/Out of State: in State - Rochester, MI
GPA:3.85
ACT/SAT: 29
Other Relevant Information: College of Engineering

Good luck and go Green!

Accepted or Denied: accepted

In State/Out of State: OOS
GPA: 4.3
ACT/SAT: 1500
Other Relevant Information: nutrition science, high level orchestra and 20 hours club sports training on the national level. (i was recruited by a few d1 schools until I quit midway through my junior year.)

Accepted or Denied: accepted

In State/Out of State: OOS
GPA: 3.5
ACT/SAT: 30

B

In-state
ACT: 32
GPA: 3.85
Many APs
Haven’t gotten my acceptance yet

In-State
ACT: 28