Class of 2023 admissions

Applied Via the Common APP Early Action on 10/2, everything was received by 10/6. So Just waiting really. Catholic U was a fluke first choice by our youngest daughter. We visit DC at least 4 times a year. And had never seen the Basilica, we were on the website to see the hours and saw that the next time we were going to be up there they were going to have a tour. Our youngest just fell in love with the campus and its been her first choice since.

Early Action Decisions will be posted on the applicant portals on Monday December 17th at 7pm Eastern, per email we got from the Dean of Undergraduate Admissions… Good luck!

Thanks for the info…I thought somewhere I read that you’d be notified on the 15th…and then there was a possible clue on the admissions Twitter page…but this is pretty definite then…we will hear ON the 17th?

yes, like I wrote, 7PM EST on Monday the 17th.Thats 6PM Central… 5PM Mountain… 4PM Pacifiic… If you are in Hawaii its 1 PM.

Anyone me look yet?

Just got in! Does anyone know if merit scholarship information was included in the email and I just didn’t get any? Haha

What were your stats?

ACCEPTED!

@Spark130 It was mentioned in the emails about the Decisions being posted at 7PM tonight that The Merit Scholarship AND whether you made the Honors college or not will be included in our package that went in the mail today. (12/17) Depending on where you live you should get them within 4 days (if you live on the west coast)

Son Accepted - Early Action
Catholic Scholarship $23K, Legacy Scholarship $1K, Parish Scholarship $4k for $28K annual total
Disappointed was not accepted into the Honors Program

For reference:
ACT = 34, GPA = 3.92, AP Capstone Program, Eagle Scout, NHS, 4 yr each of Cross Country, Theater & Chorus
Major: Exploratory/Undecided Arts & Science (Science is major of interest, field of science is undecided)

@Sandy8 one thing I like about the Honors Program Notification at Catholic is that its streamlined. The top 10% get in and you are notified when you get your packet. No messing with extra weekends or another Essay. Catholic U is my first choice, but if i DID want to compare at least when I get my packet (maybe tomorrow?) I will know where I stand with that school. The 2nd and 3rd choices I wont know till mid Feb… So again I kinda like knowing up or down. ( I hope its UP)

My son received his early action acceptance to CUA last week by e-mail and received by mail a similar letter with honors college acceptance and honors scholarship award notification. For anyone with knowledge of how CUA works, I have a question - would he still be in consideration for Archdiocesan Scholarship as well? Or would that have been included in the acceptance letter and other honors scholarship notifications?

The Archdiocesan Scholarship nominees from early action/early decision will be notified by the middle of January. There are approximately 30 total nominees between the early and regular admit pools. As in previous years, there are 5 full tuition scholarships to be awarded.

Thank you for that information! That really helps. He got a very generous scholarship offer with his acceptance but he meets the general criteria for Archdiocesan Scholarship consideration and was worried that he wasn’t in the running since there was no notification about it in the acceptance packet. Easy to be patient now.

Have all the Archdiocesan Scholarship candidates been notified? Thanks.

Wondering the same thing. Hoping that they are still in the process. I know the University was closed on Monday for weather and today for the March for Life. Maybe that has pushed the timing of notifying all candidates until next week.

They also pushed back their RD deadline until next week. Fingers crossed that there is still a chance!

The finalists for Archdiocesan Scholarships from the early action and early decision pools have been notified. The Committee on Scholarships will conduct the second finalist selections at the conclusion of the regular decision review in March.

Thanks for letting us know. Disappointing news but allows us to move on.

Anyone know when information on amounts of student loans qualified for will be released? While our son received very generous honors and parish scholarship awards, he’s still got about a $20,000 gap to fill toward the cost of attendance.

That’s going to be a pretty tough nut to crack.

Need-Based financial aid awards were mailed on Friday, January 25. Students who completed the FAFSA and CSS Profile received packages that, based on need-based eligibility, would have included a combination of need-based grants, loans, and/or work-study. Students who only completed the FAFSA would have received an estimate on need-based grants. The CSS Profile is required for consideration for the University’s need-based grants.