Class of 2023 Nursing Admissions

We visited Bloomsburg yesterday and we were able to officially cross it off the list. It seems like a goid school with a nice program but not for her. I think she will decide officially soon between Pitt, Scranton, and Duquesne.

How are the decisions going? 23 days till Decision Day!

this bought back a lot of memories, it seems like yesterday, i remembered when my D got her acceptance notice in her portal, all i heard from my room was OMG OMG OMG then she hit that "accept " button literally within one second.
Good luck everyone.

D is down to the following three colleges:

UVM - front runner
UDel
TCNJ

Final UVM visit next Monday could seal the deal. Otherwise, final UDel visit scheduled for end of month.

Starting on the process for my HS junior who has no clue what he wants to do.

Hi @LCO Congrats on her commiting to Univ of Pittsburgh! You must be so excited and relieved for the process to be concluded and with such a nice outcome. Good luck to her!

@jcollegedad Wishing you well on the UVM visit. Let us know what your D thinks

@scholarme Down to 3 is a good place to be. Let us know what tips it to the final when she knows

D waitlisted at TCNJ. Final choices came down to Drexel and Montclair and she committed to Montclair. We attended ASD this past Sunday and heard the nursing presentation for the first time (we missed the Fall Open House). Seems Montclair operates the same as Stockton-- limited number of seats, first come first served. The prospective student sitting next to my husband literally pulled out her phone and accepted during the meeting!

Way to go @sharpmom829 Your process is done. Montclair is a super choice! Congratulations to your D

@readthetealeaves

Thank you! I am so glad this part is over!! She is so happy and excited. We also just found out, this summer, she will be an intern at NIH. She will be doing research and hopes to continue that at Pitt. They have great research opportunities!

Awesome LCO!

We went to ASD at Clemson last weekend and were REALLY impressed with the Nursing presentation and tour. Our daughter cannot wait to begin!! Best wishes to all the future nurses!!!

Great news @4n2yrs ! It is wonderful to get confirmation of a decision made and that it was the right one for your D

Update. D revisited UCI yesterday and likes it. She likes the small size of the nursing program, and she wants to attend a large school. This makes UCI a good fit, and attending UCI will also allow her to graduate without debt. We were going to visit APU and/or PLNU next week, but D decided she didn’t want to see them. Her mind is made up!

Daughter
SAT: 1370
ACT: 31
GPA: 4.0 / 4.36 (UC capped)
State Residency: CA
Ethnicity: White
Other: Volunteering at local hospital, bilingual English/Spanish, 7 AP classes and lots of Honors classes, several club leadership positions, athletics and piano

Accepted will attend: UC Irvine - Direct

Accepted will not attend:
Point Loma - pre nursing ($15K merit)
Azusa Pacific - Direct ($20K merit + Honors college)
Sonoma State - pre nursing
CSU Long Beach - pre nursing
San Jose State - pre nursing
USF - Direct ($24K merit + Honors college)

Waitlisted:
CSU Fullerton - Direct - chose not to opt in to waitlist

Denied:
San Diego State - Direct
UCLA - Direct

For others reading this thread in the future. We received feedback from SDSU that D’s math score on the ACT was the reason she wasn’t accepted. She received a 29 on the math portion of the ACT and didn’t submit her SAT score (670 math). We thought the CSUs only looked at the EI, but at least SDSU looks at the test sub scores.

D really liked San Jose State, but not being direct entry was too much of a risk for her. SJSU, CSULB and Sonoma State don’t give any preference to their own pre-nursing students over transfers. Sonoma State was also too small for her likes. CSUF is too much of a commuter school for my D.

APU and PLNU were both in the running, but the size of the schools and their cost even after merit scholarships made them less appealing than the state schools. USF was far too expensive after merit scholarship. I’ve read that housing is an issue after the 1st year, and SF is a very expensive place to find housing.

Congratulations @Bonchien on your daughter’s decision to pursue nursing at UC Irvine! Decision made and let the fun of getting ready for fall begin

Decision Day is 15 days away! Anyone still deciding?

We put a deposit down on U of Vermont today. After yesterday’s accepted students day, my D decided that UVM is the place for her. Done with #2 and on to #3.

Super news @jdcollegedad for your D! That is a wonderful choice. Is #3 close behind?

Thanks @readthetealeaves ! My D is really excited about college and nursing. My #3 will be a rising senior and seems to be interested in studying mechanical engineering. We plan on visiting lots of colleges this summer to avoid playing catch-up next spring. Good luck to everyone on successful college experiences!

My D made her decision and she’ll be attending Seattle University. She really liked the campus, the nursing program/lab and the city! Anyone else attending Seattle U?