Class of 2023 Nursing Admissions

@12345hii impressive acceptances! Congratulations! Where are you leaning toward, are you applying to more places or is a favorite below? Thanks for the update

12345hii stats:

SAT: N/A
ACT: 30
GPA: 4.94
State Residency: Florida
Ethnicity: White

School: University of South Florida
Accepted

School: Drexel University
Accepted
37.5k (Founder’s Scholarship + Drexel Grant)

School: Case Western
Accepted

Did anyone hear back from UMass Boston Accelerated BSN?

@readthetealeaves Don’t know honestly still have a ton more of decisions coming up!

@12345hii Good luck on all your upcoming decisions and please continue to update us

VAMON4 - Congrats on your D’s acceptances. Very impressive group of schools. My D was also accepted into CWRU and Drexel’s nursing programs. What are your thoughts on both? She is leaning towards Drexel as they have the co-op and gave her a bit more money.

ACT: 32 (superscore)
GPA: 4.0 unweighted
State Residency: AZ

School: UMass - Amherst
Direct or Pre-Nursing: Direct Admit
Applied date: 10/20ish
Decision date: 12/7
Decision/College: Going to Attend UMass (received 14K merit)
Anything else you want to add - DD took 6 honors/AP science classes in high school - took extra science as electives. 4 year sport with leadership position 2 years. Key club class rep 2 years, lots of volunteer work.

Great job to your D @katbel on her admission to and selection of UMass Amherst Direct Nursing!

How did she decide? Did she consider Arizona State (Direct) or University of Arizona (pre-nursing)? What did she think of those programs? Thanks

Anyone hear from Saint Anselm?

No word from St As or UNE. Anyone have info on Uhart?

@readthetealeaves DD really wanted a direct admit program and she wanted to leave the Phoenix area since she’s lived here all her life, so she didn’t even look at ASU. She also wanted to go somewhere that had an active ski club (17 year old priorities). U of A was her backup if she didn’t get into UMass. Great nursing program and with merit a lot less money.

@tslovenursing Heard from St. A’s yesterday, in for Nursing. Woop!

Update: Added one acceptance, number of years the programs require and the total cost with any merit awards. I know there will be pundits on this board who don’t think cost is important, but it is an investment in my daughter’s future. My daughter will likely not receive any need based aid. I’ve committed to pay school costs up to the the most expensive in state school (UCLA). Any costs above that will be born by my daughter. My daughter is wise and doesn’t want to graduate with debt, so the schools that will result in her graduating with debt will likely not be in the running.

Daughter
SAT: 1380
ACT: 31
GPA: 4.0 / 4.36 (UC)
State Residency: CA
Other: Volunteering 5 months at local hospital, bi-lingual English/Spanish, 7 AP classes and lots of Honors classes, several club leadership positions, athletics and piano

Accepted:
Point Loma - pre nursing, ($15K merit) 5 yr program, total cost $187,930
Azusa Pacific - Direct, ($19K merit), 4.5 yr program, total cost $158,598

Applied:
UCLA - Direct, 4 yr program, total cost $129,808
UC Irvine - Direct, 4 yr program, total cost $128,424
San Diego State - Direct. 4 yr program, total cost $116,648
CSU Fullerton - Direct, 4 yr program, total cost $111,128
USF - Direct, 4 yr program, total cost $176,784 with est $25K merit
San Jose State - pre nursing, 4.5 yr program, $126,747
Sonoma State - pre nursing, 4 yr program, $106,504
CSU Long Beach - pre nursing, 4.5 yr program, $110,556

@Bonchien Congratulations on another acceptance for your daughter. It sounds like you have a strong plan to make college (nursing) affordable for your D and she is buying into that plan. Good work. When will you hear from your UC and CSU choices? Will USF even be doable then?

@katbel thanks for enlightening us about your daughter’s decision making. It is helpful to know how other people’s kids decide. Good luck with UMASS-A!

@readthetealeaves Will hear from the UC and CSU schools in March. USF is not in the running unless they have additional merit scholarship opportunities.

Did you hear through the online portal or mail?

@Bonchien in addition to the $25k/yr USF has a separate application for a 1-time $20k scholarship. I recall last year when we applied there my D missed the deadline for that one. We agreed it was too expensive as well.

Perhaps check out the honors scholarship for SDSU to see if it applies to you http://go.sdsu.edu/student_affairs/financialaid/academic-achievement-scholarships.aspx

@tslovenursing were you asking @Bonchien or @rokkogirl ?

@rokkogirl Congrats on St A’s nursing. Thanks for sharing your good news!

@Banker1 Thanks for the link for the SDSU honors scholarship. I have not seen the USF $20K scholarship application. Maybe I can go looking for it, but it would still be expensive if the $20K scholarship is not renewable.